Chapter 6

Ember's POV

We were all hanging out around the bonfire. I noticed more of the old ladies, like Pearl had joined the group when we made our way out to the campfire. There were only 3 members that had an old lady and they seemed to be on the older side, in their 50s and 60s. I guess the old ladies are not fans of being around the clubwhores so they tend to stay away, but tonight they made an exception.

Blade was hording the pan of brownies that I had made just for him. Some of the guys were disappointed that they didn't get their own pan but I made plenty for the rest of them to share. I could tell Blade had been through some things. His eyes were guarded by his scowl but his eyes were haunted from ghosts of his past. So if a pan of brownies could bring him and sort of happiness then I was happy to do that for him. I don't think he gets shown many acts of kindness and by the reactions of the others I do not think he talks often so I needed to be sure to encourage that if I could.

I was seated next to Hawk. Cherry had been glaring at me from across the way the entire time I had been out here. I'm choosing to ignore her and her pettiness. Her drama is not going to be my drama. I'm not sure what to think of the big handsome man sitting next to me. He had been keeping close to me ever since they had come out of the forbidden door. I tried to go sit somewhere else when we got to the fire but he had grabbed my hand and pulled me to sit in a chair next to him. He makes me feel things that I am not sure I am ready to feel yet. I mean I just met him today and everything has felt like a whirlwind.

Cass had just told Gage what she and I did for a living when suddenly there were some loud popping noises.

Hawk immediately grabbed me from my chair and pushed me onto the ground covering my body with his. I peeked out from under his arm and noticed Gage had done the same with Cass.

The popping noises continued and there was a lot of screaming coming from the clubwhores, while the men were yelling out various orders. The popping sounds finally stopped after some time.

Hawk lifted himself up on his elbows and looked down at me, "Are you okay? You weren't hit were you?" He frantically asked me.

I nodded at him, "I'm fine. I wasn't hit."

"Doc, Axel was shot!" I heard Buster yell out. Men rushed to where they were and Hawk hopped off me before helping me to get up as well.

I looked over to where Cass was to make sure was alright. Gage was holding her to his chest calming her down.

The men began to carry Axel towards the clubhouse. Hawk lead me back towards the clubhouse as we followed behind those carrying Axel.

"Someone said that you're a nurse, is that true?" Doc asked a still shaken Cass.

"Yes, but I work with kids." Came her quiet reply.

"That's fine. I need another set of hands to help me get the bleeding stopped as quickly as possible. Cass nodded and went to follow him into their clinic area.

I noticed a pale looking Pearl looking towards the room tears gliding down her face. I walked over to her and gave her a hug. "He's gonna be okay. Doc and Cass are going to help him." I tried to reassure.

She clung to me tightly and whispered a quiet thank you to me. I got her to sit down and was going to go make her a cup of tea when Crow came barging in through the front door, "'Prez you've got to see this!" He shouted out his face filled with anger.

I followed them outside wanting to know what was going on. On the front of the clubhouse door was a piece of paper with a message on it, "Give us the girls and we'll leave town for good". Well damn.