Chapter 2: Stalker?

Start from the beginning

Why do bad things happen to good people?

I decided to call Eunwoo to tell him that was going to run a bit late. But he didn't pick up. I then remembered him telling me that he was going on a date so he was probably not going to look at his phone anytime soon. I put my phone down in defeat and got back to work.

2 hours had gone by but the other part-timer didn't show up. I tried calling my lazy excuse for a boss to explain but he didn't pick up any of the 7 calls I left him.

Fuck my life.

Ultimately, I decided to close up the store early. It was dark and it was way past my shift anyway.

I tried calling Eunwoo again, but still no response. He was most probably still busy with his date. I dreaded walking home alone this late but I didn't have much of a choice...

Jungkook's POV

I was about to approach Y/N when I saw her enter the car of a tall, dark-haired guy. My hands involuntarily clenched into fists and I could feel my nails dig into the skin of my palm.

Who. The fuck. Is that?

So many thoughts and possibilities rushed through my head as I tried to figure out their relationship.

Brother? Boyfriend? Friend? Family friend? Cousin?

Without thinking, I called an Uber. I lied to my driver about the time I finished school so that I could follow her home but instead, they stopped in front of a convenience store. She eventually changed into a different uniform so I figured this is where she worked.

Interesting.

I got out of the Uber and got a table at the cafe that was across the street from the convenience store. The window seat had a clear view of her.

Seconds turned into minutes, minutes turned into hours and I didn't care if hours turned into days. The longer I sat there and looked at her, the stronger my inexplicable desire for her grew...

After a while, she eventually locked up the store. This was my cue to pay for the many cans of soda that I drank and leave. She seemed like she was going to walk home because she didn't wait outside for a ride. However, she appeared to be anxious and kept on looking around.

I quietly came out of the cafe and walked a bit further behind her. She seemed to acknowledge my presence as she began to pick up her pace. I didn't want to scare her so I came out of hiding.

"Y/N?" I called out, acting surprised. She abruptly stopped and slowly turned around.

"Who are you..." she shook in fear and tightly held the straps of her school bag.

"Y/N, it's me. Jungkook." I said while stepping closer to the street light so that she could see my face a bit better. "I'm sorry if I scared you. I just happened to notice you and decided to say hi." I lied right through my teeth.

She took a closer look at me and sighed in relief. "Hey, Jungkook. There's no need to be sorry. I've just been paranoid lately..." She explained with a nervous laugh.

"I see. Well, it's dangerous to walk alone this late. I'll walk you home." I said with a smile. I didn't wait for her response and just walked in the direction she was heading to.

"Oh! Thanks," she eventually said, surprised with my demanding gesture. As I walked her home, Y/N and I talked a lot. We talked about school and how we lived differently in South Korea and New Zealand. She asked how I was fitting in and that I could always come to her if i needed anything. In the blink of an eye, we arrived at her door.

"Thanks a lot, Jungkook. Do you want to come in for a drink-"

"Y/N?" The door opened and a voice cut her off. I turn to see the prick from earlier staring at us.

He...lives with her?

"Oh, Eunwoo. You're here?" she replied but I notice her take a small step away from me.

"Yeah. Whose...this?" He stared at me a bit disgusted, as if I was a virus or a plague. As if I was going to hurt her. It pissed me off because this jackass doesn't know anything about me. Who the hell gave him the right to judge?

"This is Jungkook. My friend from school. Jungkook, this is Eunwoo. My older brother." She awkwardly introduced us to each other.

Brother. He's her Brother.

"Cool, let's go in now. I'm tired." He said while pulling Y/N with him.

Before we could even bid our goodbyes, he slammed the door right in my face. I sighed heavily and clenched my jaw.

What the fuck?

I turned around to go home but the interaction with Y/N's brother replayed in my head. Y/N wanted me to stay for a drink but that bastard ruined everything. She even shifted away from me when he came. I guess killing that part-timer was useless.

What a waste.

I realised that Eunwoo was going to hinder the growth of my relationship with Y/N.

He's going to be a BIG problem that causes even bigger problems for me in the future.

But how do I prevent that?

By getting rid of it.