Prologue

After his death Itachi expected to find peace, to finally be put to rest.

He thought his suffering would finally come to an end. He didn't believe he was worthy of something as precious as peace, and yet he still yearned for it.

His plans had been stalled when he was reanimated, but he could to wait a while longer, what's a few days compared to his life of pain?

After all he'd be granted the relief of death once the Edo Tensei was released right?

Wrong.

-

Death. It was something that resided in almost every memory of his. Even when he was a mere child he had many experiences with death. He had grown to dread it, war turned him to a pacifist, avoiding conflict was his goal.

But he failed to achieve that goal as he had the blood of hundreds, maybe even thousands on his hands, and they would never come clean.

He expected to be faced with either eternal damnation or peace when he had finally died.

Though he's not sure how to describe how things turned out after his death, he was certain that it was not something he had ever considered planning for.

Simply because it was impossible, or at least that's what he had thought.

It was neither peace nor suffering, but at the same time it was both.

-

The last thing he remembered was parting from his younger brother, Uchiha Sasuke after defeating Yakushi Kabuto.

And that was what he had expected to be the end, the end of Uchiha Itachi.

But he was wrong..

After all it was only the beginning.

-
Art credit: Terarenai (On Twitter)