8. F1 Class

POV Flora:

Since we promised each other to let each other into their own 'worlds' I wanted to know more about Formula 1. I guess you could say I really needed a crash course F1.

Yesterday after the talk George and I agreed on meeting each other again tomorrow. At 8am I got the following message "Goodmorning, I hope you slept well. I will pick you up at 11 and make sure you wear something that is casual enough that you can move in it."

I really thought that we were just gonna watch some F1 races and that he would explain me some things, but now I'm curious what I would be. At 11 my doorbell rang, I opened the door and George was standing there with a big smile on his face. I tried to ask what we were going to do but he wanted to keep it a secret. This time we didn't go in a cab or with the underground but instead he drove. I guess it's the perks of being a driver, you get to drive a Mercedes Sport car.

we had to drive for about 40 minutes until we stopped at this track

we had to drive for about 40 minutes until we stopped at this track. George opened my door and said we are here. It was the Go Kart circuit where George first fell in love with the sport. I was kinda scared because I had never drove a kart, but to my surprise I wasn't bad at all. I saw the smile on his face and for a moment that was all that matters.

After karting George took me to this Ice Cream place where he used to go every Friday after practice. They even had a Ice Cream flavor named after him, that is how proud the owner of the shop was.

Around 4 he showed me his apartment, he was still renovating but it was already so pretty. It is definitely 100x prettier and bigger than my one-bedroom apartment. George gave me a tour and explained the stories behind the pictures/trophies and helmets. George cooked us some dinner and we started watching some old races. To my surprise I liked it more that I thought I would. It was getting later and before I knew George put a arm around me, I was leaning with my head on his shoulder. I felt so comfortable that I felt asleep in his arms.
———————————————————————
POV George:

Yesterday was rough, but good for us to move forward. Today I'm going to teach Flora everything she needs to know about F1. I decided to start at the basics where everyone starts, So I thought by taking her karting she will see where I first fell in love with racing. The doctor said that I couldn't race an F1 car but he didn't say anything about a go kart. I decided to pick her up with my car instead of calling a cab, we were going to be 100% honest from now on so showing her my car was part of it. Flora looked beautiful as always and I felt so lucky that I was gonna spend the whole day with her.

When we arrived at the track it brought so many good memories with it. I saw in Flora's eyes that she was a bit scared but when she hit the track she was in 'beast-mode'. She is pretty and can drive what does a guy want more? I really wanted to post something on Instagram but I decided not to and to take it slow. I knew if I would post something right now She would get taken by surprise of the media attention.

To make the experience complete I visited 'Mario's Ice Cream Shop' I used to visit every Friday and it was so nice to see all the familiar faces again.

I showed her my apartment and tried to explain some F1 knowledge along the way. It was so attractive how genuinely interested she was.
It was getting pretty late and I could hear Flora's breathing chancing, I looked at her and saw that she fell asleep on my shoulder. I just looked at her and felt butterflies in my stomach... I didn't want that moment to end, but unfortunately it did in the morning when my phone rang. It was my trainer who asked where I was...