10. Airport

POV Flora:

It was a few weeks later and George and I were in a really good place. Even though George was away often we managed to face time multiple times a day.

I was super excited because in 2 days George would be in London again for 1,5 week

On Monday morning I drove in Georges car to the airport. George had left his keys at my apartment and asked if I could pick him up. When he walked out of the gate a big smile appeared on both of our faces. I hugged him and he gave me a kiss on my head which gave me butterflies again. We walked to the car and when we arrived he stopped and smiled and said "did you wash the car? You are to sweet Flo!"  But it got better, when he opened the door I had a present laying there for him. He asked me what it was for, and I said 'just for you being you' I could see in his eyes that he was really surprised. He opened the package and started smiling right away. It was a movie night package, I figured that I wanted to be the person for once to come up with a date instead of him. I said I wanted to take him to the drive-in movie tonight and that he deserved a relaxed night. In the movie night package I had put his favorite snacks, drinks and a cozy blanket. The perfect way to relax after a stressful weekend.

———————————————————————

POV George:

I had never been so happy with a 1,5 week break from racing. I knew that the girl I liked was going to pick me up from the airport. I was kinda nervous because I wanted to ask her to be my girlfriend.

When I got off the plane I already had a text form Flora that she was waiting for me at the airport. Happiness filled my body as I saw her standing at the gate. I hugged her like I had not seen her for a long time while in reality is was only 3 weeks. When we walked to the car I saw my car shining as it was new. Not only did she wash my car, she also asked me to go on a date with her that night. she had made a movie night care package and asked if I wanted to go to the drive in movie with her. It was the cutest thing ever and you could really see that she put a lot of effort in it. I initially wanted to ask her to be my girlfriend over diner but this might be a better opportunity to ask her...