Just how many damn buttons his shirt has?

The awkward tension was soon broke by Isabelle as she entered the room, wearing a white two piece dress and a platinum wig on her hand.

"Hurry up, people. We've got demons to slay." She announced. Isabelle turned to her brother and noticed that he was wearing something other than his sweatshirts, "Oh, wow. You're not being boring."

Alec frowned and pointed at me, but I just grinned and turned, making sure that my bare back was on sight just as I reached down to grab my gun.

Alec scoffed, his eyebrows raised as he gave the both of us a pointed look, "Really?"

Isabelle gave him sly smile and nudged her brother, before linking arms with me as we walked out of the room towards the Ops center, "What can I say? Demons dig blondes."

I let out an amused laugh, "But that isn't blonde." I pointed out, taking the wig from her hand and finger combed the strands.

Alec bit his lower lip, a smile threatening to break out of his face as he stared at me before rolling his eyes, making me smile.

"Of course they do, but that's white."

"Mm," I hummed, shaking my head as I twirl the wig around my finger, "It's platinum, not white. Totally different concepts."

"And they don't exactly like Shakespeare." Isabelle interjected, "Okay, Alec?"

"You're plenty distracting on your own."

Isabelle let out a sigh, but smiled up at Alec, "So, be yourself, is that what you're trying to say?"

Alec rolled his eyes again and turned to me, looking as if he wanted to say something but decided against it.

"Never mind. Looking good, let's go." He said. Isabelle turned to me and made a face, before pulling me to follow Alec.

"We're ready, Jace." Isabelle called, announcing our presence as we neared him, catching Jace's attention as he stared at the monitors in front of him.

"Nice choice, Izzy. Demons dig blondes." Jace remarked, glancing at the wig on my hand.

Isabelle smiled, taking the wig on my hand and threw a glance at her brother, "Told you."

"That's not blonde," I muttered under my breath.

"Yes," Alec said, agreeing with me, "It's platinum."

Jace turned and started to walk away, completely ignoring our comment, "All right, guys. For some reason our demon friends are killing mundanes and draining their blood."

My eyebrows furrowed, "Wait, blood?"

"Why do they want blood?" Alec added, falling into step beside me as we followed Jace into the weapons' rack, "Isn't that vampire territory?"

"I don't know, Alec." Jace threw us a glance, "Lazy vampires, maybe?"

" – Or, there must be something special about their blood." I quipped without looking at them as I adjusted the strap of my shotgun holster.

"What could be special about mundane blood?" Alec says, rolling his eyes, as if it would help prove his point.

"You get me a sample and I'll tell you exactly what they're looking for." Isabelle said.

Jace stopped in front of a wall, and pressed a button to open a rack full of seraph blades, taking two and handed it to Alec and Isabelle, before taking one himself. I pursed my lips, and pinched the bridge of my nose, feeling slightly annoyed at his antics.