OPR - 21

I am done with this chapter. Pheww. This has to be the longest break that I took. With a lot of things lined up I was too busy and almost gave up on writing. Thank god I am back now. Please read and enjoy the new update. Take care and be safe.

Standing against the stove a nervous Khushi brewed her special tea for the whole family. She had arrived in Delhi a few hours ago and now as the clock struck four the Guptas pleaded her for some ginger tea. A while later she could hear the conversation between her father and Buaji who were relaxing in the living room. The two were discussing her impending engagement with Deboji’s grandson Arnav. 

An eager Buaji could not stop singing praises of her dear friend's family.

But Khushi’s thoughts came to halt when she heard the next words of Buaji.

Shashi my brother this evening we are invited to Deboji’s house. My friend informed me that tonight the priest will decide an auspicious date for Khushi’s engagement. And also we will get to meet Khushi’s would-be husband.

Khushi Kumari Gupta filtered the tea and poured it into the cups. But her ears were focused on the talk happening between her father and aunt.

Fine Jeeji. As you wish. You are elder to me and I trust your judgments. Deboji’ grandson will be my future son in law. 

He is also my snobbish, cold, and shrewd ex Boss. Khushi exclaimed but did not verbalize her thoughts. She had other things to focus on. Her over-possessive alpha male Raizada was adamant about hearing her confession. She had no choice but to reveal her feelings. That too soon. Very soon. Maybe tonight she will get the chance to say it all. 

Yup the innocent Ms. Gupta had made a decision. And now she felt that she was sort of kind of ready to reveal...it all. Her feelings and love towards a certain Raizada. Yes, tonight will be the night. Determination crossed her features. It was now or never. She mused.

###

The beast within Raizada growled with pleasure as evening approached. Finally, the moment for which he was desperately waiting had come. Khushi Kumari Gupta. The other half of the Over Possessive man will be officially welcomed in the Raizada family. The control and tolerance of months had paid. It took a while for all of his personalities to accept the fact that Khushi belongs to them. Be it the cold ASR, his vulnerable teenaged side, or the creature OPR himself.

He smirked wolfishly in the mirror as he wore the black Armani suit which gave him a flawless look. The Raizada clan were downstairs looking through the last-minute details as he groomed himself. There was a gleam in his eyes because tonight would be extra special. Khushi, his love was meant to confess her feelings for him. And he knew that the next few hours will be life-changing for the two of them.

###

Dragging his suitcase through the arrivals Nandkishore Raizada tried to curb his anxiety pretending to smile around each face he passed by, but still the man failed epically. Nothing was helping him. In the next hours, he would have to face the Raizadas and the Gupta family, which meant only one thing. No one would save him from the Arnav Singh Raizada. His wrath would destroy the good relations he shared with the rest of the family and of course his friend Khushi.

He knew that one apology won't change things. But this would be his only chance to prove that he felt deep regret for causing a rift between his brother and Khushiji. That one moment that NK himself had drafted to make Khushi fall in love with him had turned into a complete disaster for all three of them.

The man prayed to find Khushiji alone and excuse for his behavior before the volcano Raizada himself erupted on him. Determination crossed his features and NK gave himself the necessary pep talk to deal with the consequences of the errors made by him.