Chapter 16

3rd POV

Upon Bloom's request, she was taken to the library even if they all felt that he was strange. The battle could be coming to their doors at any minute. Hours had passed and she had never once left the library. All of the Straw Hats were left to roam the castle however they liked until it was all over.
"This wasn't what I was expecting at all." Nami said leaning her back against the wall.
"I thought we would be fighting but we're doing nothing. Bloom hasn't left the library since she came." Usopp added. "I don't understand what she's thinking at all."
"How can you?" Zoro asked seated on the ground. "She's way smarter than you."
"Like you're one to talk."
"Her plan is strange though. I wonder what she could be thinking." Robin thought.
"This is boring!" Luffy complained.
"We'll deal with it! We can't exactly do anything."
"I thought a war would be more fun."
"Wars aren't supposed to be fun!" Usopp shouted.
"Yeah! They're scary!" Chopper added.
"I wonder how Bloom-swan is? She hasn't gotten any food." Sanji wondered. When dinner came all of them were treated to a meal however Bloom never did come to enjoy it. Sanji being the cook would never allow her to miss a meal so he went to her, bringing a plate. When he entered the library he found her seated at a desk with piles of books desk. "Bloom-swan, you need to eat dinner. You've been working hard."
"My function is normal at the moment."
"Maybe now but if you keep this up than you'll get sick."
"I will eat later. I have work to do. I must complete my task."
"And I have to make sure you eat. I am a chef."
"I am not in your crew."
"I don't care. As a chef I need to make sure you keep your body healthy with nutritious meals so your at full power."
"I should not be your concern." She told him while flipping through a page.
"Bloom-swan. I understand that in the marines you're supposed to always do what your ordered above all else but it's not like that here. We care about you so we want you to take care of yourself." Sanji explained and for a moment she paused. He noticed that and decided to leave her alone so he walked away to leave her to her thoughts. She continued to read when she heard the doors closed but stopped for a moment and looked at the plate next to her. Sanji's words rung in her head. And then she decided to eat.

Soon it was the next day. Bloom had yet to leave the library and it was confusing everyone from the Straw Hats, to the wait staff, to the king himself. Then, things finally took a turn for the worse.
"Your majesty! The army is right outside the capital!!!" Someone yelled and literally everyone whipped their heads around, shock written over their faces.
"So soon!?"
"That's not good." Nami paled.
"Finally!" Luffy cheered jumping on his feet.
"What do you mean finally!? This isn't good at all!!"
"Your loud friend is right." The king reassured with a nod. "The rebels have 7 powerful fighters and the entire army is extremely skilled. We don't stand a chance."
"But I thought everything would be okay because we brought Bloom?"
"It would have been but she has not spoken to anyone since she entered the library. She hasn't given out a single order. We are doomed." The king sighed to himself.
"Give me your general."
"Bloom!?" Everyone exclaimed whipping their heads around.
"You finally came out!" Chopper smiled. "Do you have a plan?"
"We were starting to get worried their." Usopp said whipping the sweat from his forehead.
"Do you have a plan?" The king asked.
"The marines haven't arrived so I will be using your army."
"That's is alright."
"And you." She added looking at the Straw Hats. They all blinked their eyes silently with some evening pointing at themselves.
"Us?" Nami questioned.
"I don't know about this." Usopp sweated.
"I need the general."
"I'll get him right away!" One of the servants replied walking off.
"Oi...wait a minute." Usopp called but was ignored as Bloom was speaking to everyone else but him. "Stop would you...."
"You called me for." The general said.
"Take me to-."
"I've come down with my I can't fight in a war disease!!!" Usopp shouted this time causing them all to stop and stare for only a moment before going right back to what they were doing. The man dropped down, lowering his head in defeat.
"Just give up." Zoro told him.
"I don't want to fight in another war again. The first one was bad enough."
"Follow me." Bloom told them as she walked away with the general.
"I'll follow you anywhere Bloom-swan!" Sanji swoon chasing behind her like a love tornado. The others followed behind as well to a room where a large map was placed on the table. Bloom and the general discussed battle plans while the others watched in total confusion.
"I don't get it." Luffy said tilting his head.
"What's all that stuff mean?" Chopper asked doing the same.
"Not sure." Usopp responded.
"Mister swordsman." Bloom called drawing their eye to her. "You will fight Harlow. Mister Cook, you fight Abner...." she went on through that list until each and every single one of them had someone to fight.
"Are you sure?" Nami asked.
"Yes. Based off of your skills and what I know of the enemy this the best compatible match which will lead to success. However I have never seen them in battle so the margin error is 10%."
"Where did she even get this information?" Usopp sweatdropped.
"Captain Bloom. My soldiers are ready!"
"Oh crap...." Usopp sweated while Luffy wore a huge grin.
"Alright....let's go!!"

In the end, Bloom lost the war. Sure they were able to beat their one opponents but that left them tired and weak. The Royal army stood no chance against the rebels even with Bloom backing them. So in the end they were all captured. The Straw Hats and Bloom were taken to a cell, and the king was kidnapped. The nobles had won.
"I can't believe this." Usopp complained holding the bars. "We fought so hard but we still lost."
"Are you okay Bloom?" Nami asked. "You've never lost a war before."
"This doesn't effect me."
"Let me go....." Luffy trailed at the end the moment he touched the bars.
"The bars are sea stone remember." Robin reminded. "If you touch them they will weaken you.
"Oi! Swordsman! Why don't you actually be useful for once and use your swords to cut us out!"
"It's not going to work Sanji. Sea stone is unbreakable." Nami explained.
"Well we can't just stay here forever. We need to find a way to get out. Where are the guards anyway?"
"Who knows." Usopp answered sounding a little depressed. "I just want to get out of here. Someone help!!"
"I've got an idea!" Sanji grinned, a lightbulb going off in his head.
"Really? What?" Chopper wondered.
"What if Bloom-swan, Nami-san, and Robin-chan all do sexy poses to try and lure in the guards and release us?" Sanji suggested with a perverted expression.
"That doesn't sound too bad." Usopp agreed with the same look.
"Perverts."
"Shut it you useless swordsman!!" The two yelled before being struck by Nami's fists.
"Quite playing around!!!"
"But it could work...." Usopp weakly said.
"No it won't!!!! Stop playing around!!"
"Are we going to be in here forever?" Chopper asked.
"I'll get us out! Gum Gum no....." Luffy pulled his fist back but then stopped when Nami struck his head too. "What was that for!?"
"This is your third time trying that! It doesn't work!!"
"I wonder what they plan to do with us." Robin said.
"Miss Bloom!! Miss Bloom!!" They heard someone call from outside their cell.
"Did you guys here that?" Usopp asked right as a man came running to their cell.
"You can go now. It was a success."
"Okay." She nodded standing from the bench as the man opened the door. The others all looked at her completely confused and dumbfounded.
"Success? What does that mean? What's going on?" Luffy asked watching as she walked outside. She remained silent keeping her back to them until finally she turned her head around to face them.
"My mission is complete."