14.5 - It's Darjeeling's Cooking...

"You just hurled! Why do you want to eat supper from someone who can't even open a can?!"

"Well, whenever there's food, hunger strikes."

"That's just common sense."

"Be quiet, GI6."

As Arthur and Assam went downstairs, they noticed that Orange Pekoe was setting up for dinner.

"Assam-sama, Arthur... I need to tell you something..." Orange Pekoe began to quiver as she finished setting the table.

The two spies walked up to her and they all began to huddle near the wall.

"What's this all about?" Arthur asked with confusion.

There was a moment of silence in the air. For a brief second, the only thing you could hear a microwave whirring in the background.

"Wait, what?!"

"She's reheating everything in the microwave..." Orange Pekoe answered with a bleak tone. Suddenly, her eyes widened and she went blank.

Arthur felt a sense of dread loom over him upon hearing this. However, he didn't go blank. He then looked over at Assam and-

"YOU TOO?!"

Assam had the same expression as Orange Pekoe, albeit more blank (surprisingly enough.)

The loader spoke up once more. "I also need to mention that she also made jellied eels-"

An immediate groan came out of her and Assam. Arthur looked at them and sighed, "I should feel bad, but I kinda don't..."

Suddenly, Darjeeling barged into the dining room. "I hope you're hungry! Darjeeling's cuisine specialties are about to be ready!"

Assam turned back to face her friend. "And when you mean by 'about to be ready' do you mean-"

"I MEAN RIGHT NOW!"

"Oh, bother..."

As everyone sat down, a sense of dread permeated the dining room. Arthur sat with skepticism as Darjeeling herself served the food.

"Everyone, I hope you enjoy dinner from yours truly!" exclaimed Darjeeling. Immediately, she ran to the door and put on her jacket.

"Uh, Darjeeling... Why are you heading out so late?" Arthur asked politely. All he got was a death stare from the blonde commander.

Orange Pekoe asked her the same question, "Where are you going, Darjeeling-sama?"

"I have to grab more groceries. I'll be back shortly." Darjeeling said as she opened the door. "See you later!"

The door closed behind her and a sigh of relief immediately came out of the two girls.

"I hate to be that guy, but are we going to acknowledge that I asked the same question as Pekoe and she flat out ignores me and gives me a death stare?!" Arthur exclaimed as he turned back to face the table.

Orange Pekoe quickly glanced at Arthur with her death stare. "Don't shorten my name again, okay?"

Intimidated, the dimension hopper silenced himself and replied with a simple, "Yeah, got it..."

Opening the silver dome cover, dinner was revealed to be fish and chips and jellied eels. Already, there was a problem:

Too much seafood.

Not only that, Arthur's plate only had one jellied eel, 5 chips, and half a piece of battered cod.

"Thank you for the food, Darjeeling..." Arthur sarcastically whispered.