Chapter 27: Being Prepared

Start from the beginning

"Ms. Andrews?"

She turns back around as Mark stands up from his seat. He walks around with open arms to her. She grins walking to him embracing him in a fatherly hug. After a warm hug, he gestures for her to take a seat which she does. He walks back around his desk as Sophia lays the folders in her lap. 

"What can I do for you Sophia?"

She takes the first folder handing it over to him. She sits quietly and watches as he skims through the document. Her attention turning to the board that now has a new problem on it. Her mind already beginning to work it out. 

"How did you come up with this?"

"I've been working on it for some time. I informed Luca that some of the partners that he has signed with have fallen behind and I have made inquiries to keep tabs on them. It was a basic algorithm that projected from the start dates of their contracts to where they promised to be at this time."

"Wow," is all Mark can say looking at her projections. He looks up finding her eyes staring at his board yet again. "Want to try?"

She nods her head standing up placing the other folder in her vacant seat. She walks over as he stands handing her a piece of chalk. He leans against his desk and watches as the little genius begins working through it like it was basic math. 

"In regards to the companies, why bring this to me?"

She continues working on the equation as she answers. "Luca also has a list but since you are head of legal I figured it would be good if you looked into their contracts before Luca made any calls."

He nods his head even though she can't seem him as she continues divulged into his math problem. A moment goes by in silence before she circles her answer standing back up. Mark walks over handing her a tissue to wipe the chalk from her hands as he looks it over. This woman never seizes to amaze me. He just chuckles turning back to her. 

"I would love to see how your brain works one day."

She gives him a small smile walking back over and picking up the second file. She turns handing it to him as he continues to stand near his desk. He opens it and begins reading over it before becoming tense. 

"Sophia, this is-"

"My will... I know."

He glances to her before taking a seat in front of his desk beside her seat. She slowly goes to sit back down watching as he continues to read over it. His brow scrunching together for a few minutes before he closes the folder. A moment of silence passes through them that is thick with tension. 

"Why?"

"In a few days I will begin chemotherapy for the second time battling Leukemia." She watches as his shoulders slag from the news. "It's better to be prepared than not."

His jaw is tight as he gives her a jerky nod. He opens the folder again checking over the document. "The provision in regards to Destiny-"

"Yes, I want my life insurance to go towards a trust fund for Destiny."

"You also stated that you had a savings that you would leave completely to your sister."

"Yes, absolutely." She answers without hesitation. "There is also a few letters in there that if it came to it, I would like to be given to the respectable owners."

"Why give this to me?" He looks at her intently needing to understand why him. She gives him a small smile looking directly at him. 

"I feel you are trustworthy and I believe you to be an honorable man."

Undeniably ClaimedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara