The Yule Ball Night

A/N: *(picture on top of the chapter is the look for the ball :) )*

After the whole afternoon spent with Cedric in Venus's dorm, he left her and said he would pick her up at 7:45 p.m., in other words, in 15 minutes he would be knocking on the door and she was still on her victorian corset and underwear as she cried.

"Vee, are you ready?" - Luna called from the hall, behind the locked door as she knocked on it.

Venus sniffed and wiped the tears away from her cheeks, before putting on a smile.

"N-not yet!" - she replied, raising her voice to be understandable.

"Alright... Would you like me to come in?" - Luna asked softly.

Venus thought for a few seconds, before unlocking the door and walking back to the wooden chair. Then Luna slowly opened the door and spotted the girl with puffy eyes and reddish cheeks. "She has been crying", Luna thought right away. She shut the door behind and walked towards the girl direction, stopping behind her and lowering herself as she looked at them through the mirror.

"May I ask the cause of the puffy eyes and reddish cheeks?" - the platinum blonde haired girl asked, before Venus opened her mouth to speak, but was soon interrupted. "And I won't accept makeup as an answer."

Venus chuckled as she lowered her head.

"It's... complicated, Luna." - the dark haired girl said as she put her hands on her face.

"Well, then I'd suggest you to tell me more about it later or while I help you get ready for Prince Charming, who might be arriving in less than 20 minutes." - she advised, before wandering around the room.

Venus only nodded and grinned weakly.

/ 10 MINUTES LATER; /

- venus beau long -

I told Luna everything. All the things that happened this whole week in 13 minutes. Not even I can believe it, but we had the exact right amount of time for me to say everything I had. She just kept quiet as she widened her eyes or made face expressions to show her emotions, but she didn't really speak to let me say all I had to.

"Now, you're all ready, your Highness!" - Luna spoke happily as she finished positioning the gold tiara I had on.

I was looking marvelous.

Luna did my makeup beautifully, adding golden and lovely colored eyeshadows on my eyelids. My lips had matte lipstick on.

"God, I love you, Luna." - I exclaimed as I checked myself out in the mirror.

"You love whoo?" - Cedric's voice asked as the door opened, revealing himself.

He was wearing a black wizard tux, with a black bow tie on his neck and black shoes on his feet. His hair was combed and styled with some hair gel.

- author's POV -

He looked striking in Venus's eyes the moment she saw him that night.

And in his?

The girl wore the long delicate dress, along with laced heels. Her face had well executed makeup on. And the dark hair was styled in a

She looked angelic in Cedric's eyes the moment he saw her that night.

"Hi..." - Venus spoke quietly as she smiled awkwardly at the boy she fell in love with.

"Hey..." - Cedric spoke a little bit more confident than her as he walked towards her with his hands in his pockets. "You look... splendid tonight, Miss Long."