Chapter Five | That Kind of Club

Start from the beginning

Before he could tell her he hated pink she moved on to the next person and he was pushed along further into the club.

The club was aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Sleek couches near a stage area, a brightly colored bar, and even the lights flashing over the dance floor looked entertaining. It kinda reminded Karter of Burlesque but redder. He looked over to the bar but unfortunately, there was no Jack working there like in the movie.

He sighed and took a seat on one of the velvet cushioned stools. The music was loud and made for people to dance.

"What can I get you?" the bartender asked. They had orange hair that was tied up in one of the coolest braids Karter had ever seen. It was like something he would have been in a magazine or something. They laughed when they saw he was staring at their head. "My brother is going to cosmetology school and I am basically his guinea pig," they explained.

Karter nodded. "I just-wow, it looks so cool," he said, a bit in shock.

"I'll let him know he got a compliment when I get home, now do you want a drink?"

Karter panicked. He never really ordered a drink before and it was clear when he blurted out: "A shot of cotton candy vodka, mixed with sprite, please."

The bartender smiled and got to making the drink. They even flipped the bottle of vodka, catching it perfectly. Karter really needed to get out more. He was amazed by intricate braids and bottle flipping now.

"Thank you," he said when the bartender handed him the drink. He paid them the only money he had with him. "Not that it's much, but keep the change," he muttered.

He didn't even want to think about how many people they would have to deal with by the end of the night. He knew he wouldn't be able to do the job.

They nodded in appreciation. "Thanks, dude!"

When Karter was alone or at least as alone as he could be at a club, he drank his soda-he had no idea what alcoholic drinks were called so he considered it a soda with something extra. He just thought how lucky he was that the bartender didn't ask for his ID either. He didn't think he had his fake one anymore and his real one wasn't going to work since he was a year under twenty-one.

Karter hummed along with the music as he tried to get his mind off his family and overall anxiety. He had a habit of daydreaming and losing his footing to reality. He was not aware of the guy to his left talking to him until the man put his hand on Karter's back.

Without missing a beat Karter turned to glare at the man. He was not much of a fan of people being in his personal space, especially strangers. When he looked the man up and down he immediately thought of a chubby Mario character. He silently thanked Flynn for making him now compare people to games he didn't even play.

"Want to dance?" Waluigi asked with a rough voice. Karter stared at his weird looking mustache when he talked. He shook his head at Waluigi's question. He was not in the mood to dance let alone with someone he was getting run very far away vibes from.

"Oh come on, it will be fun plus is nice to get some energy out before the show."

What show?

"Listen Waluigi, I don't want to dance so kindly, fuck off," Karter said as sternly as he could. Which wasn't as stern as he would have liked, he sounded like he was going through puberty again the way his voice cracked.

Waluigi smirked. "I'd rather watch you fuck off."

Karter nearly threw up the contents of his stomach on the creep.

Did he seriously say that? Who says-ew-just no!

Karter got up and tried to walk away from him. It didn't work because Waluigi followed him. The man was easily twice Karter's size and for a moment Karter thought that all the man would have to do was push him over and sit on him. He was as good as dead if that happened.

Karter considered punching him in the throat when the man grabbed his arm. "Get back here you little twink!"

He did not just call me that.