Chapter One: Rude Awakening

*BEEP BEEP BEEEEP*
I am awoken by the oh-so very annoying sound of my clock telling me to wake up. I hit the snooze button and settle deeper into my blankets.

W-wait.. Why did I set an alarm for today? It's.. OH MY GOD

July 19th. My sister's wedding, that's it!
I groggily rip my sheets off of me and focus my eyes on my clock.. 8:00AM

Oh my god, oh my- I'm gonna be late!!

I run to the bathroom and run a comb through my thick, wavy, brunette hair.

I grab the dress my sister and I picked out and struggled to put it on.
It was a strapless lilac-colored dress that ended just above my knees.

I grab my make-up kit and do the best that I can, putting on blush and brown eyeshadow which they say, brings out my hazel eyes.

I grab a hair tie and wrap my hair up in a bun and I stick a flower pin in there.

I look at myself once in the mirror and I sigh "Good enough."

I run to the bustling streets and hail a taxi, "Where to, ma'am?" "Rosehart Ridge Hotel, please. I'll pay extra if you get me there before 9." I say, in a hurry.

I arrive at the hotel at 9AM sharp, tipping the taxi driver.

I run into the dressing room to see my sister, absolutely beautiful in her wedding dress. She spins around while her blonde hair is neatly pinned in her veil. Her gorgeous green eyes light up when she sees me.

"Oh, Betsy. I knew you would come just on time." she says with her poise and grace, as she always did.

"Wow, you look stunning." I smile at her and hug her. "So do you." she says as she hugs me back.

She nervously paces around the room but I see that she's excited.
"Do you need anything, Rach?" I ask her
"Uh could you get me an Iced Tea, please? That calms me down."

I go down the hall and fetch her an Iced Tea when someone, runs straight into me and I fall on the floor.
"Ow, my butt." I say with Iced Tea all over my dress.
"Oh, no. I'm so sorry." a manly, husky voice says.

I look up and see the most gorgeous boy I have ever seen and I flush. He had black hair and gray eyes. Wow. He was muscular and fit, wearing a tuxedo.

He reaches out his hand to me and nervously stutters "D-do you need help? Let's get you to a bathroom, I'm sorry."
I take his hand and I feel his strength pull me up. "Sorry again, I'm Jack." he stammers while shaking my hand.
"I'm Elizabeth, nice to meet you."

I grow red with him looking at me like he was going to say something but he decided not to.

"Let me help you, here, let's go get you cleaned up, milady."
I turn beet red while I hurriedly follow behind him, still holding his hand.