"Ash Lynx
...
Missing.
19 years old.
..."

The disappearance of him was mentioned in the newspaper. Ash briefly appeared in the article. Since the case has been unsolved for a long time, no one seems to be interested anymore. Last year, the case was quite popular. Not just in the US, but all over the world.

"I also saw one yesterday. But.. I mean he's dead right? That's probably it."

For a brief moment, there was silence.
Eiji never sounds hopeless, and no one could ever imagine hearing something so discouraging from him. He was the one who always said he would wait forever for Ash. Someone who always keeps his word.

"I.. never really thought you'd say that."
(Y/N) answered him with a hesitant voice.
After his statement, she wasn't really sure what to think. She certainly was surprised to see Eiji in this light, as it was usually the other way around. They chatted for a little before the lecture started.

Eiji thought about what he and (Y/N) could talk about, given how long it's been since they've seen each other. They could probably talk about anything, but Eiji is particularly interested in what she has been up to. "Do you live on campus (Y/N)?"

(Y/N) shook her head. "Uh no. I live at my house. At first I wanted to move in here later, but now I don't really want to anymore. What about you?"

"I own a place nearby now.." He replied, fiddling with his pen nervously.

Their conversations were starting to feel really awkward. Well, it's been so long. But still, Eiji couldn't think of anything to talk to her about, even after all this time. They were once so close (Y/N) tried to avoid talking about Ash, mostly because she didn't want to upset him and partly because she did not want to bring up a painful topic. Eiji was a bit disappointed when she didn't mention Ash during their conversation. It was difficult to accept that everything had changed.

As the lecture began, they saw someone walking past them. The person was moving quickly, and they seemed to be in a hurry.

"Great. See who's here.."
(Y/N) eyed the person, who she could only assume was Sing.

Sing was surprised to see Eiji sitting next to (Y/N), as he hadn't seen him in a while. It was clear to them that he was surprised, and his facial expression told them all they needed to know. With a single step, he turned away from them and headed to his seat. (Y/N) couldn't help but feel disappointed that it was all he did, just sitting there without saying hello or making any effort to engage with them.

Eiji looked perplexed about the encounter and couldn't quite figure out what was going on. "That's weird.. What's up with the both of you? Are you fighting?"

(Y/N) on the other side seemed unfazed by the situation, while Sing appeared to be upset. "I didn't just loose touch with you Eiji. Sing and me lost touch too right after you left. But I don't care. He's annoying anyway."

(Y/N) was disturbed by a message on her phone, her mood switching rapidly between nervousness and unease.

"Are you okay?"

Eiji noticed that something was off.
(Y/N)'s eyes turned straight away from the phone. She looked at Eiji and nodded in agreement. "Hm? Sure." He looked over at Sing, who looked back at him. They seemed to share a moment of understanding before Sing turned away, back to focus on the lecture.

After classes were over, (Y/N) and Eiji walked back home together. He indeed had a positive first day at his new college and was looking forward to his studies here. It's possible that his life was going in the right direction, or he may have just been lucky. (Y/N) noticed another missing poster of Ash as they walked home. She wondered if he was okay, and whether anyone had seen him or knew where he was.

".. Does it ever stop? I'm tired of looking at it." Eiji let out a heavy sigh, tearing the paper off the board where it was pinned.

"I'm sorry Eiji, try not to think about it. They're going to find him. I'll call you later alright?" (Y/N) struggled to find the right words to comfort him, unsure of what to say.

"Yeah. Bye."

Eiji finished his work and was ready to take a break. He headed to the New York library, where he was supposed to meet (Y/N). Ever since Eiji returned, he has been wanting to visit the library. At the same time, it pains him to think about all the memories he had made at that place.

Eiji always looked for Ash, no matter where he was. He found himself drawn to him and developing a strong connection to him. There is no way to change what will always remain the same.

The boy saw flashing red and blue lights in the distance, which indicated that there was an emergency. He quickly approached the scene to find out what was happening.
That is very strange, he thought.

Eiji was surprised to see the ambulance and police cars parked in front of the library, he started to have a bad feeling, unsure what was causing it.

He started to run as quickly as he could.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

When Eiji saw (Y/N) at the scene, he instinctively hugged her and couldn't be more glad that she was safe and sound.
"You're okay! What happened?!"

"They found him." she told him, with a blank expression.

Eiji could feel that (Y/N) was shaking as he held her hand. He became even more concerned as he realized the seriousness of the situation. "Ash! Where is he? Let me see him-" While he searching for an entrance into the library, (Y/N) grabbed his arm to prevent him from going any further.

"Eiji."

He turned around, looking at her.

"They found his body."