"You're right actually. I should've called you since I was actually worried.. about Shorter and everything. If I remember it right it was still affecting you a bit."

(Y/N)'s features gradually changed, as if she was feeling something new and unfamiliar. She hasn't heard that name in a long time. However, before Eiji could react, she just laughed it off and avoided his gaze.

"Oh come on Eiji. What are you talking about? You needed a break from all that has happened. Let's get going."

"So when did you decide to go here? I never even imagined that you would stay here."
Eiji asked her. He really was surprised, since he really didn't know how (Y/N) was doing after all. It was his own fault that he didn't try to reach out to her again, anyway.

The black-haired boy knew that he should have done something, but he was too afraid.

The reason why he came to America was in search of a more optimistic or fulfilling feeling. He was struggling with a deep depression after his accident and felt that he needed a change of scenery in order to get back on the right track. When Eiji returned from America last year, it became clear that the situation was worsening. Eventually, he tried to forget about it all and moved on. It seemed to work for awhile, until now.

"I know, after me trying to escape back then sort of failed. Well after all that has happened, I thought maybe I still had a future." She told him.

"I mean you know, since Dino is gone and all the others. So I thought maybe I should try leaving my old life behind, by applying for colleges. I wish Ash could've too. Oh and by the way. Sing is also going to uni here."

Now Eiji was completely taken aback by this. Sing had graduated from high school and was already attending college?
"What? Sing is here? I thought-"

(Y/N) interrupted him before he could continue speaking. "Can you believe it? He sort of left his gang life behind and even got taller. I think he's now tall like you. He used to be so short!"

"I didn't expect either that he would ever go to college. I'm not sure where he is right know though, we don't really talk. I can already tell you: he's going to be surprised as you are."

The way she told Eiji, it didn't seem like she was interested in how Sing was doing. He laughed nervously, unsure of what to say. "I really can't imagine that.."

(Y/N) and Eiji entered the lecture hall and took their seats. The room was already quite full, and the students were bustling about. This hall is significantly larger than the halls at Eijis old university. Everything felt so new, different, and unfamiliar. Eiji felt like he was discovering everything for the first time. Feeling overwhelmed with the new experiences and sights he was seeing. And he couldn't get enough of it.

He had one good reason for coming here, though it wasn't the only one. The most important thing was that he would get the answers he needed.

"I saw a poster today, of Ash. They're still being hung up at some places."

Eiji also saw the missing persons poster of Ash in the city when he arrived yesterday. He couldn't help but worry, wanting to find him as soon as possible. No matter how hard he tried, he could never forget Ash. Sometimes he wishes he could go back and change everything that happened. Wishing he could rewind time and have a different life, one where he never met him.