Part 46

Klarissa's POV

I immediately felt Lorenzo's harsh eyes on me. He looked pissed and annoyed with my presence. I'm starting to wish that I would have listened to Ciro earlier.

"Klarissa go upstairs." Lorenzo yelled loudly to me.

"No, not until you tell me who is she and why is my father here?!" I asked frantically. What could she possibly have done to deserve this?

"I don't have fucking time for this." I heard Lorenzo mumble under his breath. Taking long strides he approached me and roughly grabbed me by my arm. When he started to drag me towards the stairs, I started to feel a dull pain start to form on my skin.

"Is this how you always handle my daughter? If it is, I don't even want to imagine what happens to her behind closed doors!" I heard my father yell after us.

Immediately Lorenzo stopped and slowly turned around to face my father. I could all but feel the rage pouring out of Lorenzo at this point. Everyone including my father knew that Lorenzo wasn't going to respond well to someone suggesting that he would abuse me. Not only is it disrespectful to Lorenzo, but it is to me as well. But then I started to wonder. Does my father really think that I would stay with a man even if he were to beat me? Am I really that weak and pathetic in his eyes?

"Are you insinuating that I beat her?" Lorenzo asked with a stone like expression on his face. Even though he looked emotionless, I could see the hurt in his eyes. Just watching him and his reactions was making my heart break.

"No, not exactly. I'm just saying how I don't appreciate how you are handling my daughter." my father said through clenched teeth. My father looked like he was going to lose it at any moment. Honestly, I don't think I can recall a time that I've seen him this angry before.

"Well, I don't remember asking your opinion on how I handle my woman. You need to remember that she doesn't belong to you anymore, she belongs to me. She also knows that she is free to go at any time, I am not keeping her here against her will." Lorenzo said as he lessened my grip on my arm.

My father said nothing back to Lorenzo, but I soon felt his eyes on me. I could feel him looking me over, almost like he was trying to find any external injuries. Right when my father and I made eye contact, I felt myself being pulled away from the whole situation.

At this point, Lorenzo was completely dragging me up the stairs. The whole way up, we didn't say a single word to each other. Before I was dragged into the bedroom, I felt my eyes start to fill with tears. I was frustrated with what this night has turned into. Earlier Lorenzo was perfect and playful, but now he is irritable and pissed off. All I want is there to be one night that we can spend together without any drama from the mafia or from family.

When we entered the bedroom, Lorenzo let go of my arm and closed the door. Immediately he headed into the bathroom. After I heard the sink water turn on, I went to stand in the bathroom door frame.

He had his sleeves pulled up and was quickly scrubbing at his skin. There was blood colored water all over the sink and on the counter.

"Why do you have to be like this?" I asked him quietly from the door. At this point a couple of my tears had fallen onto my cheeks.

When he heard my voice he stopped what he was doing and turned off the water. He then let out an exhausted sigh as he looked at me through the mirror.

"This is who I am Rissa. I'm a monster who you should be afraid of." he said as he started to unbutton his shirt. His movements were restrained and stiff. I could tell that his body was hurting, but I couldn't see why or were.