Chapter 6

About two months had passed, and Elizabeth had grown closer with Meliodas, Diane, Ban and King.

It was almost April, meaning they would have spring break soon. They'd all planned on hanging out every single day (not that they try to do that already) especially during breaks. They would have sleep overs, mainly at King and Elaine's house, but they would have sleep overs nonetheless.

Now, Elizabeth walks to school alone. Normally, Zeldris or Meliodas or Elaine would walk with her, but today Elizabeth had decided that today she should wake up and early and leave the house early too.

And maybe she should've brought a jacket with her. It's slightly chilly, but she gets cold quickly.

That's when she realizes a voice had been calling her.

"Elizabeth!"

She turns around and is met with a ginger haired boy and amethyst eyes.

"Um, yes? How do you know my name?"

The boy smiles at her as he walks towards her. "We go to the same school! I think we have like one class together but I normally stay quiet."

"Oh." She awkwardly smiles as she begins to walk again, the boy by her side. "Well, what's your name?"

"My name's Arthur! Oh and do you need a jacket, by the way? You seem a bit cold," he chuckles as he moves to take off his jacket to give to her.

"Oh, no, please! You don't have to give me your jacket, I'm fine!"

"But you're shivering a bit," he worries. "I insist." He hands her his jacket and she accepts no matter how much she wants to continue to say he should keep his jacket on.

Once she gets the jacket on - which fits her pretty well - she smiles at him, her blue eyes locking with his. "Thank you."

"No problem!" Arthur smiles back. "Where are your other friends?"

"Probably still getting ready for school. I woke up a bit earlier than normal so I decided to just head out early too," she admits.

Arthur shrugs and they walk in a comfortable silence before they get to school. Elizabeth begins to remove his jacket and hands it back to the ginger haired boy.

"Here, have it back. I'm gonna wait for my other friends here," she smiles at him. For a moment, he gapes at her, but then gives her a grin as he takes his jacket back.

"Well, I hope your day ends up being great, Elizabeth."

"You too, Arthur," Elizabeth says.

It doesn't take much longer for her friends to get to school.

With her back turned while she looks at the small gardens, someone hugs her from behind.

"Good morning, Ellie," Zeldris says, his voice croaks, causing Elizabeth to break out in a smile. Zeldris never did like early mornings and he still wasn't used to it.

"Good morning, Zel," she greets back as she places a hand on one of his arms.

When her best friend lets go, she turns around and sees that Meliodas, Ban and Diane are all smiling at them.

"Good morning," Elizabeth greets them. They all say 'good morning' back. Then they all decide to sit on benches close to each other.

"How early did you wake up?" Meliodas asks her. Elizabeth's aqua gaze finds his, and her face heats up a bit.

Lately, she's been getting more flustered with Meliodas around. That fantasy she had at their first sleep over never left her mind. It felt so real, and she doesn't even know what to think.

"Too early," she says. "I was walking alone until a boy from one of my classes started walking with me and offered me his jacket."

Meliodas frowns. "Who?"

"Arthur. I didn't even know he existed until half an hour ago," she chuckles.

The blonde hums but his frown still remains. What is he upset about now...?

But then he smiles, his grin lopsided and it gives her butterflies to her stomach.

"He seems nice!" He comments, his tone joyful. Even as Elizabeth looks away from the blonde, the butterflies remain. The silver haired teenager looks over to Diane, and with her eyes, she signals for the brunette to go to the bathroom with her.

"I'm gonna head to the bathroom, guys," Diane announces, nodding at Elizabeth. "Elizabeth's gonna come with me!"

Diane goes over to Elizabeth and grabs her hands, helping her up. They go to the bathroom and Diane checks to make sure no one is in the stalls.

"Okay, no one's here. What's up, Elizabeth?" Diane asks when she faces her.

Elizabeth takes a deep breath, really considering if she should actually tell Diane this. The whole kiss thing she imagined with Meliodas has been on her mind 24/7.

Her blue eyes look into Diane's purple ones. "Okay, so you remember our first sleep over? The one at Elaine and King's?" Diane nods. "W-Well, um... I may or may not have imagined Meliodas kissing me?? And-And uh, now every time I look at him, he gives me butterflies and I get so flustered when I talk to him and I don't know what to do!"

Diane stares at Elizabeth, her mouth in a wide 'o' shape. Then, she giggles. The silverette smiles awkwardly at her, but she can't help but be so confused by Diane's behavior.

"Oh, Ellie!" She exhales as she pulls Elizabeth into a hug. "You like him!"

"I... What?"

"You like him, girl!" Diane exclaims when she pulls back to grab Elizabeth by the shoulders. "Why did you imagine him kissing you though?"

"I-I don't know," Elizabeth says truthfully. "I remember Ban asking me if I had my first kiss yet and when I said no, he dared Zeldris to give me my first, and then Meliodas offered to do his dare for him and then he kissed me," she explains. She watches as Diane purses her lips as she raises a brow at the silver haired girl.

"Well, Ban did ask you if you had your first kiss, but the rest didn't happen. That's kinda odd..."

"Does it matter what happened?" Elizabeth questions when Diane lets go of her shoulders. "Because of what I imagined, the feelings I have for Meliodas aren't the ones you would have for a friend!"

"Okay, Elizabeth calm dow-"

"Diane, this is my best friend's brother! That's- It's not okay!"

The brunette parts her lips, but then grins reassuringly at her, causing Elizabeth to stare at her.

"Ellie, really. It's okay," she says, her tone soft. "Zeldris may not approve of it, but it's not like he's your dad or anything," Diane jokes. "And either way, I support you no matter what! I'll be always be here to help you, and especially through this!"

Elizabeth smiles widely at her friend.

"Thank you so much, Diane."