You Make My Heart Skip

Start from the beginning

They both have wide eyes and look shocked, Cameron's heart beats faster the longer they remain quiet. He knows that at the end of the day this is his parent's home and whatever they decide is what will happen. But he also knows that if they decide to kick Nash and his siblings out, that he's going with them, no matter where. He won't say that to his parents, he wants them to come to a decision on their own, without any influence from him.

"This is a lot to take in sweetie," his mother says quietly. "Give us a few minutes to talk about this, okay? We'll come and get you when we've talked."

Cameron nods and knows that he has to give his parents time to process everything but he's already thinking about what he's going to do should they tell him that the Grier's cannot stay with them.

He sits in the family room and waits, he starts to bounce his leg and after 30 minutes his father and mother enter the family room and take a seat.

"Cameron, we've decided that any decisions that you make regarding this house and the farm we'll abide by. This is your home now, Cameron." His mother tells him and Cameron nods, it isn't the approval he was seeking but that's fine with Cameron, it means that they will be able to stay with him.

"Thank you," he tells them sincerely and he stands and gives each of them a hug. "You guys must be tired so I'll let you get some rest, I'll introduce them tomorrow."

They nod at him and Cameron heads upstairs to his room where Nash is waiting anxiously. As soon as he opens the door, Nash shoots up from the bed and goes up to him. He pulls him close and wraps his arms around him, burying his head in Cameron's neck.

"It's okay, you guys aren't going anywhere," Cameron rubs Nash's back gently and he feels Nash relax in his arms.

"I don't care where we are, as long as we're with you. I just don't want to lose you," Nash whispers softly. "I was scared that they might convince you we're not good enough for you."

Cameron pulls away slightly and Nash lifts his head to look at him.

"Don't ever say that, baby. You are more than good enough for me, I don't deserve you. You're amazing, Nash. I'm so lucky to have you in my life," Cameron says passionately and presses his lips against Nash's.

They kiss for a few minutes before Cameron pulls away and leads Nash to the bed. They get into bed and Cameron shuts off the light, they cuddle close together. Cameron wraps his arms around Nash's waist and rubs his chest and stomach gently. He presses a soft kiss on Nash's shoulder and he gets comfortable. It doesn't take them long to fall asleep.

The morning comes quickly, Nash and Cameron are up early with Skylynn. Nash gets her ready for school and checks to make sure Hayes is okay before he goes with Cameron to drop her off. It's the last day of school before winter break, Nash was tempted just to have her skip but he decides that it isn't a good idea because Skylynn needs structure.

When they get back to the ranch Cameron's parents are in the kitchen with Rosa, they're eating breakfast at the table.

Nash feels nervous about meeting Cameron's parents, especially since he works for them. He prepares himself for a frigid response from them so he is pleasantly surprised when Cameron's mother pulls him close and give him a hug and his father shakes his hand.

"Join us for breakfast before you head out to work," Gina says to them and they join them at the table. Rosa brings them breakfast and they start to eat, they keep a friendly conversation going while they eat. Nash glances at the time, he needs to be at the barn in 10 minutes, he doesn't want to change anything regarding his job. He feels very strongly about it because he doesn't want to be seen as using Cameron to have an easy life.