Chapter 24 - Truth or Dare

Start from the beginning

He spun the bottle and it landed on Clint.

"Truth or dare Clint?" Tony asked and Clint responded with a dare. We all waited eagerly for Tony to decide on a dare for him.

"Ok, Clint, I dare you to sell that empty marshmallow packet to someone in the group," Tony said as Clint stood up to retrieve the package. He knelt beside Bruce and waved the packaging around.

He begged and pleaded with Bruce to buy it, even made up ridiculous tales about it. The whole thing was rather funny, but I was surprised at how convincing Clint was with his salesmanship. Next Clint spun the bottle and it landed on me, great.

I chose dare, mainly because I knew that truth from him would be risky and dare seemed like the safest option. Boy was I wrong.

"Right, I dare you to sit on... Steve's lap for the next three rounds!" He exclaimed, causing me to blush slightly, though I covered it up the best I could. I walked over to Steve and glanced at him apologetically. He just smiled at me sweetly and made room for me on his lap which I was grateful for. At least he was making this a little less embarrassing for me.

I sat down lightly and he supportively wrapped his hands around my waist to keep me from slipping. I spun the bottle and it landed on Tony. I smirked evilly and he just looked at me scared.

"Truth or Dare?" I called in a sing-song voice, which only made him more terrified, much to my pleasure.

"Dare?" He answered, but it sounded more like a question than anything else. I had the perfect dare for him too.

"I dare you to let me do your makeup!" I called and quickly got up to fetch the small bag of makeup that I brought. It wasn't until I stood up that I realized just how warm Steve was, I was now quite cold without his arms around me so I tried to get back as quickly as possible.

Once I retrieved the bag I nestled back down in Steve's lap and beckoned him over to me. He stood up and walked over to me nervously whilst I grabbed out the most absurd makeup I had with me.

2 minutes later, Tony had an attractive bright red lip, blue eyeshadow, ruby red blush, mascara, and thick, glittery eyeliner. All of the rest of us were in a fit of giggles by the end of it. He wouldn't stop moving, so he looked more like a clown than anything.

He whipped out his phone to look at my work and yelped.

"Natasha Romanoff! What did you do to my face!" He screamed as he looked at himself in horror.

"I made it look attractive, for once," I replied quickly, soon everyone was in a fit of giggles. It was a good comeback at least.

We went on for a few more rounds until the bottle landed on me again.

"Dare," I responded, I knew he was out for revenge, but I didn't trust his truth questions, so I picked dare.

"You have to share a tent with Steve for the rest of the trip!" Tony called out, making me blush and I could feel Steve blushing as well.

"Ok," I muttered in response. I was going to share a tent with Steve for the next two nights, of course.

"Ooh, does little Nattie have a crush on Stevie?" Tony called out drunkenly. Yeah, he was pretty drunk, as was Clint. Why does it always happen with these two? I shot a deadly glare at him.

"No! Why would you think that?" I asked more rhetorically and yet he answered anyway.

"Well for starters, you were meant to get off Steve's lap like 10 rounds ago and yet you are still there! Not to mention all of the glances you two have been sharing all night.

"Well, he is warm and comfortable and he doesn't seem to mind!" I responded sharply. "And call me Nattie again and I will stab a knife into your throat." I finished coldly, causing him to gulp. Steve gave my arm a little squeeze, probably to comfort me and I continued spinning the bottle. Why did I agree to this game again?

Steve's POV

Nat had been sitting on my lap for about an hour now and we also had to share a tent too. Not that I minded, and I don't think that she did either. The bottle landed on me and I sighed. The last few rounds I had chosen truth because I had no intention of getting a nasty dare as the rest of them had.

This time, however, I decided to mix it up and choose dare instead.

"I dare you to kiss Nat!" Clint called out and I could feel my cheeks immediately heat up. I felt her shift uncomfortably in my lap and I could tell just from her neck that she was also bright red. Bruce also looked uncomfortable for some reason, but I am more concerned about Nat.

She looked back at me and with just one glance from her, I knew what my answer was.

"Umm no, we aren't comfortable with that. I don't know about you Nat, but I am going to head to bed." I said which caused a groan from Clint and Tony. Nat nodded and we both stood up, walking over to the tent we had to share for the night.

We both clambered inside and zipped close the door behind us. At some point during the night, Nat had managed to drag her bag and sleeping gear into my tent and had it neatly set up next to mine.

We both sat on our respective mattresses and sighed.

"I am sorry Steve. All of that probably made you uncomfortable." Nat said softly as to not be overheard by the rest of the team. I immediately felt bad, she was just doing what she had to do in the game, none of this was her fault, not that I minded anyway.

"It's ok. I don't know about you, but I had a great night tonight! Especially with a certain someone in my lap all night." I replied and my eyes widened a little as I finished. I hadn't meant to say the last bit out loud! But she either didn't notice or didn't care because she smiled warmly back at me.

"I had a great night too." She said and then added; "Especially with a very warm, comfortable seat to sit in." Causing me to blush lightly and her to giggle. Maybe she did notice what I said. I smiled at her and took my shirt off as I got ready for bed.

I could've sworn that I say Nat's eyes run over my body and abs as I did so but I couldn't be quite sure. She took off her oversized jacket and boots to reveal loose sweat pants and a t-shirt underneath.

We both got into our sleeping bags and I turned out the torch that had been providing a little light up until now. I could hear Nat's breaths even out and she almost instantly fell asleep. She must be tired!

The next thing I knew, I felt her shift closer to me and cuddle up to my chest. If it hadn't been so dark, you would've been able to see just how red my face was! I bet I looked like a tomato!

I wrapped my arms around her slim frame and drifted off into a deep and peaceful sleep.

What a day!