True.

"You're right. But his past feels like it's affecting our present. I just have a bad feeling.

"Maybe you should talk to him?"

"Maybe...I'm also pretty sure this involves Mickey, too."

"You know I don't scare easily." Liza mischievously chuckles before continuing, "Plus I'm horny—I'll probably be hitting that tomorrow night regardless."

"I'm sure you will. Just be careful, despite whatever trouble they might be in, he's still a nice guy."

"Hey! I'm a nice girl."

I burst into laughter, almost spitting out my coffee. "Sure you are! Whatever helps you sleep at night, baby." I wink at her and head to my bedroom. "If you need me, I'll be getting caught up on laundry."

"I bet those sheets need to be washed!" Eliza shouts from the kitchen.

"Fuck you!"

Closing my bedroom door behind me, I stare at the white sheets balled up on the floor.

We did have some fun in here...

I grab my laundry basket and begin sorting the clothes, trying my best not to think about him, but lately, he's all that I can think about. When I'm with him, it just feels so natural. And when we fuck...my God, he's good. He's fucking perfect.

Too perfect.

I need to figure out whatever he's hiding.

Maybe I should just ask him, like Liza said. Or do I keep waiting for him to tell me?

As I think through my approach, I pull the fitted sheet off and Axel's lingering cologne distracts me, his aroma consuming my thoughts. That woody scent gives me flashbacks to our nights and mornings nakedly tangled on this bed, forcing me to forget my remaining doubts.

I need to stop thinking about this. I've got to just let it go. He'll tell me when he's ready.

Right?

"Do you think it's too slutty?" I ask Eliza as she slides on a suede, maroon,  high-waisted mini

"Do you think it's too slutty?" I ask Eliza as she slides on a suede, maroon, high-waisted mini. The laced-up slits on each side expose most of her hips and thighs.

"There's no such thing." She teases as she pulls a white lace bralette over her head. The scalloped neckline frames her cleavage like it was made specifically for her.

"Tell that to Father Patrick."

"Oh, fuck you." Eliza throws the second dress she tried on at me. "How was I supposed to know that my whale-tail would give the man a heart attack?"

We both giggle remembering her bending over to pick up her bubblegum-pink flip phone during Mass, exposing her ruby-colored thong and part of her ass to the entire congregation.

Poor Father Patrick clutched at his chest, falling to the ground as he stared at Eliza's backside the whole way down. The paramedics arrived quickly and he ended up surviving the mild heart attack, but the uncomfortable whispers within the Catholic community remained.

The story he left us with was priceless.

"Besides I'm not wearing panties tonight." Liza smiles at me with a devilish grin, making her intentions for the evening crystal clear.

I pull on a strappy black see-through bodysuit with a snap closure thong bottom. The plunging neckline and all over lace, implies my intent for the night, too.

Sliding on a sleek, black, satin skirt and grabbing my nude heels, we finish our final touches in the mirror.

No such thing as too slutty.

As we arrive at Axel's mansion, Eliza's eyes widen, taking in the towering structure. She's impressed and it takes a lot to do that. "Jesus Christ. Very modest."

We laugh as we walk along the lit stone path, heels clacking with each step.

Mickey swings the massive front door open before we can even knock, trying to play it cool, but I know he's freaking the fuck out internally as he makes eye contact with my best friend.

"Welcome to Axel's humble—Goddamn! You ladies are fucking sexy."

We both giggle at his flattering remark and Eliza pushes past him. She turns, looking over her shoulder at Mickey as she heads towards the kitchen.

"I'll be going home with you tonight." She sinfully smiles before walking seductively down the hall, swaying her hips just for him.

Mickey looks at me in elated shock as I linger in the doorway.

"Are you going to invite me in?" I tease, bringing him back to reality.

"Oh, fuck. Sorry, Livy—please come in." He ushers me into the house, still in awe. "Did that just happen? Is she serious?"

"Serious as a heart-attack."