Chapter Seventeen

Locus eyes the time once more. They were quickly nearing midnight, the official start of the new year ahead of them.

Felix was messing around on his phone, trying to get into the massive stream someone back on Earth had decided to host so others could watch the ball drop over in America.

"Okay, I got in!" Felix chirped, motioning for Locus to scoot over next to him for the both of them to watch. "It's a little laggy but it's the best we're gonna get."

"That's fine," Locus responded, slightly fiddling with the circular locket now around his neck, something he had started doing ever since he put it on. He squinted slightly to try to read some of the comments that had flooded the stream, probably another reason as to why it was lagging a bit, and some of them were the usual 'Happy New Years!' or 'Can't wait for my New Years resolution!'. He never really understood those kinds of people, especially since their resolutions only lasted for at least the first month or two of the year.

"Some of these comments are pretty fucking funny." Felix snorted lightly, scrolling up in the chat to reread certain ones. "Why do they even drop a ball? Like, how does it not bounce?" He quoted one comment, shaking his head, "Like, how fucking stupid is this guy?"

Locus raised a small brow, "It could be a kid." He pointed out.

"What parent is letting their kid talk in a galaxy-wide chat?" Felix retorted, scrolling back down to catch up with the mass of upcoming comments.

Just then, the comments started flooding with numbers, and that was when Felix realized that the countdown had begun, nudging Locus to make sure he was paying attention.

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

"Happy New Year!" Felix cheered, almost tossing his phone with how he had flung his arms up. Before Locus could even respond with his own, quiet declaration of the New Years', Felix planted a kiss on his cheek. "And a New Years' kiss, score!"

"T-That barely counts as a New Years' kiss." The other grumbled, taking a final sip of the remaining wine he had before standing to head to the bedroom, it was late enough, and it was finally time to sleep.

He could hear Felix give a light huff behind him as he made his way over, but what he hadn't expected was for the other to grab his wrist, stopping him in his tracks.

"Issac what are you-" He had turned to look at him, he was going to question him, and it was going to go smoothly. It was going to, but it didn't happen that way.

Instead, when he had turned, Felix took the chance to reach up and grab him by the face, pulling him down to kiss him right on the lips. The lips. Felix was kissing him on the lips.

As quickly as it came, it was gone in a moment. Felix pulled away, licking his lips with a smirk.
"There, does that one count?"

Locus only stared. He stared for maybe a good, solid minute before he immediately retreated to the room, shutting the door behind him. He put his weight against it, trying to steady himself as focused on steadying his breathing. He wasn't doing so good. That wasn't according to the plan he had set out so accordingly.

"Sam! Come on, open the door!" Felix knocked on the other side, arms crossed over his chest with a huffy look.

He stayed quiet though, closing his eyes and resting his head against the door.

He could hear a whine from the other side, "Sammm, come on let me in. I won't do it again, I promise. I didn't think you'd get that upset about it!"

"I-I'm not upset..." He mumbled, taking a deep breath. He needed to calm himself down before he opened the damn door before he even looked Felix in the eyes.

"If you aren't upset then why do you insist on keeping the door closed? Or do you just want me to sleep up front tonight?"

Locus could practically hear the pout on Felix's face. He let out a deep sigh, pushing himself off of the door before turning and opening it.

There Felix stood, staring up at Locus with a questioning, and almost accusatory look. He wasn't too happy about being locked out of the room, even if it wasn't for long, but at the same time, Locus understood why.

"What the hell Sam? You couldn't have talked to me instead of locking m- Okay, I know for a fact that I didn't put that there."

He didn't know what Felix had meant before he followed where his eyes were looking. There it was, the mistletoe he had hung earlier in the morning. How had he completely forgotten it was there? He could feel his throat slightly tighten as he looked back down to Felix, who was still looking at the holiday plant hanging above them. He had two options here, wuss out and take it down before Felix could use it against him, or kiss Felix before Felix could use it against him.

He decided on the latter.

Leaning down, he connected his lips with Felix's, but unlike Felix, he couldn't find it in him to pull away.

He especially couldn't when Felix had kissed him back, pressing against his body as his arms moved up to rest on his chest. Next thing Locus himself knew, his arms had snaked down and wrapped around the waist of the smaller.

What felt like seconds too soon, Locus pulled back, resting his forehead against Felix's, who said nothing and did nothing other than wrap his arms around Locus's neck.

"A New Years' kiss and a Christmas kiss? Lucky me." Felix said with a smirk, pressing small kisses against Locus's jaw. "Would love to see what else you'll give me~"

He hid his face in Felix's neck, hugging the male tighter before he even tried to speak. "Sleep first...We have things to do in the morning."

"Hell yeah, we do." He snickered, pushing Locus further into the room and shutting the door behind them with a light kick of his foot. "But right, sleep." He added, pulling Locus down onto the bed with him.

He also took the opportunity to kiss the larger male once more, who, in return, happily obliged and tucked the two of them underneath the sheets.

It may not have gone exactly as he had planned, but Locus knew he wasn't going to ask for anything better.