the unexpected

Elena’s POV

I watched the boys walk out the room. As soon as they were gone, another boy came in.

It was Jason..

He was my boyfriend.

“Who were those boys?!” Was the first thing he could say.

“Just friends.” He looked very suspicious at me.

“How could you still come? Visiting time is over.”

“I’m your boyfriend. They understood that.”

“Then why are you so late?” Tears filled my eyes.

“I’m sorry. I actually immediately came over, I heard it just about 30 minutes ago.”

I looked him in the eyes and something inside me told me to not believe him. He saw me having a hard time. I just couldn’t say anything anymore, I just didn’t know what to say anymore.

“Come here.” He tried to give me a hug.

I muttered because it hurt my back.

“You ok?”

“Yeah of course.”

“You sure?”

“NO! Of course I’m not ok! I’m in the fucking hospital! I got shot and can’t feel my legs anymore. You smartass.”

“Calm down, you’ll probably be alright.” He said standing up looking around the room.

I sighted, this was just a normal routine for us. Normally I wouldn’t be that mad about it but I thought about it more and more and actually he was treating me like crap he didn’t care about me. On that moment I could notice it the best. He just didn’t care what happened to me.

“So who were those boys?”

“Daniel and Luke. Just friends.”

“Daniel as your best friend Daniel…”

“Yeah he’s always been there for me and he was wounded too. He’s friends came here first than anybody else and actually cared about him, they even cared about me while they don’t even know me!”

“Are you only going to be talking about them? They don’t care about you. They only want you because you’re so hot”

I couldn’t believe what I just heard.

“Does that mean you don’t care about me either?”

“Your parents don’t care about you.”

That was it, he crossed the line, but I couldn’t do anything. I couldn’t move but I didn’t want him to stay. He was also avoiding my question so I knew it was true.

“You asshole! Why are you saying all this? Leave the room! I don’t want to see you ever again!”

“Baby, don’t say that. I love you.”

“You lying piece of shit, go away.”

He came closer and closer he wanted to kiss me but I turned my head.

“Don’t do that.”

“Why wouldn’t I? You’re only making me feel miserable.”

He turned away for a minute and I took that moment to press the button calling a nurse.

“You’re just a little slut.” He laughed.

“Come here.” He said wrapping his arms around me.

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing. I love you.”

I couldn’t move, his grip was too strong and he started to hurt me. I felt the pressure on my back getting worse and worse.

“You’re hurting me.”

“Don’t be a little baby.”

“I’m serious. Please.”

He began to kiss. I couldn’t do anything and I felt terrible. He took away my blanket and sat on me.

“Get off of me!”

He didn’t say anything but just kept doing what he was doing.

On that moment the nurse came in. It felt like it took her hours to come.

“Help me! Take him away! Please!” I cried.

The nurse looked beyond mad, yelled at him and took him away. She closed the door behind her.

I still felt so bad and terrified.

A little bit later she came back.

“Are you ok?” She asked me.

I nodded.

“I’m so glad you came. I didn’t know he would be like that.. I .. I just..” Tears started rolling down like crazy.

“Easy. You couldn’t help it. He was drunk. You’ll be alright.” The nurse comforted me.

I wasn’t able to say anything anymore.

“Try to get some sleep.” She said putting the blanket back on me.

I watched her leaving the room.

“This is all my luck!” I cried over the phone.

“Calm down. What happened?” Daniel sounded very concern.

I told him everything and how miserably I just felt.

“I’ll kill that motherfucker! I swear!”

“No, Daniel. You don’t know what he’s in capable of.”

“I don’t care! You just don’t do that to my little girl.”

“I don’t want to be alone. I feel like anything bad is going to happen to me right now. Actually again.”

“Don’t worry, you’re in a hospital nothing’s going to happen now. You’re safe.”

“Why is this all happening to me? Did I do something wrong?”

“No you didn’t. It’s just bad luck. You can’t do anything about that. It could’ve happened to anybody.”

“I guess so.”

“You’re going to be alright?”

“Yeah I’ll be fine.”

“Sure?”

“Yeah, don’t worry. I was just overreacting I guess.”

“Just get some sleep and before you know it I’ll be there with you.”