Chapter 8: Meeting the Wests

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"If you say so. Hey, if you're just going to sit there and mope, could you do me a favour and grab my phone from upstairs?"

Barry sighed and made his way upstairs to her room as he didn't have anything else better to do at the moment.

Iris smiled as she opened the door to reveal the blonde haired, blue eyed girl that her brother had been eagerly waiting for. Stealing a glance at the stairs where her brother went up a few moments ago, Iris deliberately putting emphasis on Kara's name as she greeted her, calculating how long it would take for Barry to trip and fall down the stairs in his excitement.

"Hey, Kara! So glad you could make it! Welcome!"

"Of course! I wouldn't miss it! Thank you for the invite! And I brought pie, I hope that's ok."

"It's more than okay! Our whole family loves pie, please come in."

Iris took the pie from Kara's hands as she opened the door further for her to come in, enveloping the blonde in a side hug. She had to suppress a laugh as she heard a crash sound from upstairs before she saw her brother running out the door of her room, making his way down the stairs in a fast pace. Just as she suspected, she saw Barry trip on the last step, having misplaced his foot in his excitement. She bit her bottom lip to suppress her giggles as Barry groaned. Kara's eyes widened as she quickly made her way to Barry to help him up.

"Are you alright?! You're not hurt, are you?!"

"Nope, just his ego." Iris said, doing a bad job of hiding her giggles behind her hand.

He glared at his sister who chuckled, no longer able to contain her laughter anymore. Barry blushed in embarrassment as he realised he had made a fool of himself in front of Kara. Kara had a small amused smile on her lips, but her eyes was still focused on him, shimmering with concern and worry.

Barry stood up and rubbed his slightly aching back as Kara had her hands on his forearms, scanning him for possible injuries. 

"No, uh, I'm fine. I guess I didn't notice the last step in my haste to get down, uh."

Barry felt his mouth run dry and his jaw drop to the ground as he finally took a proper look at Kara. His brain was telling him to say something, but his mouth was not responding.

She was wearing a maroon long sleeved shirt paired with black ripped jeans. Her hair was done in a half up half down hairstyle, curling at the ends as it cascade below her shoulders like a waterfall and she had her signature glasses on her nose as always. Her purse was slung diagonally over her shoulder and she had white sneakers on. Barry was unable to stop himself from eyeing her up and done in her outfit.

This was the first time he had seen Kara in anything other than dresses, blouses and office skirts. So to see her in a causal outfit consisting of a plain shirt and black pants left him a little stunned. Not to say he didn't like the change, especially considering that the pants she was wearing hugged her in all the right places, showing off her curves.  

"Uh.."

Iris walked over and closed his mouth, showing her brother an amused smirk.

"Careful there Barr, you might just end up catching flies if you keep it up."

Kara blushed as Barry spluttered, trying to say something. Luckily Joe came to his rescue, coming out of the kitchen and towards Kara to officially introduce himself to her. Kara's eyes widened as she recognised him as the detective that was with Barry the day she met her soulmate. He offered his hand to her in a handshake and she accepted it, shaking his hand in greeting.

"Nice to see you again detective, though I do believe that I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Kara Kent."

"Please it's just Joe, Joe West. From the way both Barry and Iris talk about you, I feel like I already know you."