❂ 024. orto plutonia

Start from the beginning

"Snow," A delicate whisper fell from her lips as she tried out the new word, violet eyes gleaming as she formed another soft ball of the snow, grinning at the sight of it.

"Perhaps, a better name would be Fireball, with the swing you've got, kid."

Glancing up, she grinned at the familiar blue jaig eyes adorning the clone's helmet. Rushing towards him, she practically jumped on the clone to hug him, "Rex!"

"Oof!" Huffing, he struggled to catch her with the speed she threw herself with, "Hey, kid." Slightly lifting her off the floor, he gladly returned her tight embrace, "Glad to see you're doing better, again." Placing her back down, he smiled beneath his helmet, "The boys have missed you, by the way."

"Echo, Fives and Hevy are here?" Grinning, her face lit up at the idea.

Rex faltered slightly "Ah, no. Not today, sorry kid." Watching her smile drop, he rested a hand on her shoulder. "But," His helmet tipped to her height, the Captain wanted to bring back her usual smile, "They'll be at the base when we go back. So, you'll see them soon, okay?"

She nodded gently, a small smile soon forming again, "Okay."

"Good," Keeping his hand firmly on her shoulder, he smiled at her content expression. The crunching of footsteps approaching them, Rex glanced past her as he nodded, "Commander."

"Captain," Wolffe nodded back. His eyes skimmed over the pair, before narrowing on where the 501st Captain's hand laid upon his own Captain's shoulders. Staring, he dismissively shook his head as he turned to the Jedi, "General. Has the base been scouted?"

Steadily walking back to her Commander at the sound of his voice, she smiled gently when he glanced down at her — safely back by his side.

"Obi-Wan's inside now searching for any signs of this being a Separatist attack," Anakin relayed.

"And, I don't think it is," Obi-Wan's voice rang out over the harsh wind, finishing Anakin's words as he approached them. His gaze fell on the group, glancing over them all before his eyes remained stuck on the Padawan, "Aren't you cold?"

Noting his concern, she smirked, "Nah. I'm good, thanks, Mum." Shrugging, her smirk widened when the Jedi tiredly rolled his eyes, "Hey, isn't there a Separatist base here too?"

"Yes, there is." Obi-Wan nodded, "Let's head there, now."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Eisha's brow raised as she examined the wreckage of droids, "Seems like whoever attacked our base took out the droids, too." Crouching, her fingers drifted across the attack markings that littered the broken droids — they weren't too precise. They were full of anger and hatred — both noticeable from their strikes and the tense air that remained within the abandoned Separatist base. The emotion caused a shiver to run down her back.

Sighing, she brushed her hands off as she walked back over to the two Jedi, "Is this planet inhabited?"

Stroking his beard, Obi-Wan mulled over her suggestion, "Do you think we're dealing with locals?"

"It's possible."

She smiled as Anakin backed her up, "Those markings aren't exactly the work of any of our soldiers."

He nodded at her suggestion, "It would make sense." Turning away, he ordered, "Rex, help Anakin and the Captain place the sensor beacons. You four, come with me." Gesturing to four clones, he eventually turned to Wolffe, "Commander, stay with your Captain."