"Louis. No one expects you to put all of this on your shoulders. Oli knows that his hearing can't be fixed and he knows that none of this is anyone's fault. He told me this morning almost the exact same thing you just told me. He knows how much you hate that you can't help anymore than you already have. He knows that you do your best to support him in everything he does. He knows that you are a fantastic brother that has been there his entire life. He knows all of that Louis." Chris's words weren't helping my emotional state at all but I did feel a tiny bit better after his explanation.

"Oli is old enough now that he can see everything you've done for him, Louis. He has told me many times that he has always looked up to you and has seen how much you care for him. So don't put all of this stress on your shoulders Lou. All you have to do is support Oli through this, like you always have, and let him in on your emotions. He's ready for that now." I nodded along to Chris.

"I've always seen Oli as the little five year old that needed my help with everything and failed to see that he is almost an adult now." Chris and I laughed at my statement. I was finally calming down from my breakdown and thanked Chris for everything.

We spoke for a few more minutes about his life and everything going on with his little family. I heard Oli calling my name from inside the house so I told Chris that we would let him know the results after the appointment before hanging up.

I walked inside, feeling more refreshed than earlier this morning and told Oli it was time to leave. Grabbing everything I need and tossing Oli his jacket, we both jumped in my car.

"So, when are you going to start teaching me how to drive?" Oli spoke up once we were already on the road. I glanced over at him and smiled at his relaxed sitting position. One leg curled under him and one hugged into his chest.

"I'm just now coming to terms with you being older, now you want to spring driving lessons on me?" I said slowly while angling my face enough for him to read my lips. He laughed at my exasperated expression.

"Well if you are too emotionally unstable to do it, I'll just get Harry to teach me!" He stated casually while my heart did backflips. I'm so glad Oli and Harry have become close over the span of time they've known each other. I also can't contain my smile at the fact that Harry was the first person Oli thought of after myself.

"We'll have to see about that." I smirked at him. He rolled his eyes and turned the music almost all the way up. I had gotten used to this from years of Oli blasting music and now Harry doing the same around me.

I didn't take us long to make it to the office where Oli's audiologist was located. We both jumped out of the car and walked into the sterile looking building. I was a little more nervous acting than Oli, who was constantly talking about Valerie and what they were going to do on their date tonight.

Once we checked in and waited for a few minutes, Dr. Crawford came to greet us and take us back for Oli's appointment. Walking back, I was a mess. I was trying to make conversation with the doctor and Oli but I couldn't help but feel anxiety washing over me.

"Okay so this is just your routine evaluation. You've had plenty of these so you know the drill. Let's do this so you can get your results, shall we?" Dr. Crawford signed and spoke for Oli which received a thumbs up from the latter.

I twiddled my thumbs and smiled every time Oli's eyes met mine. The exam didn't take but a few minutes and the doctor was already walking out to inspect the results. I heard Oli clear his throat after a silence washed over us.

"Louis." I snapped my head up to look at Oli.

"Remember when we went to my first appointment here and you had to hold my hand while Dr. Crawford was examining me because I wouldn't stop crying?" We both laughed at the memory. I shook my head lightly.