CHAPTER 5: TRUE IDENTITY

          Killian reflected on the first time he laid eyes on Elsa, she struck him as bold and cute. Now all grown up, Elsa's presence brought memories of his mother, who was once his father's mistress. The recollection of the pain in Elsa's eyes each time she left their room lingered in his thoughts. He acknowledged that Elsa hadn't completely healed from the past, still carrying that burden.

As he headed to the kitchen for some milk, the sight of Elsa cooking detained him. Aware that Elsa preferred not to see him after everything that happened, he couldn't help but observe from a distance. Recognizing Kara's insecurities regarding her cousin, he empathized but felt frustrated by the lack of trust in his commitment. Despite the challenging circumstances, he resolved to prove his love for Kara, knowing her mind appeared to be set.

Returning to their room, he embraced Kara, acknowledging that circumstances might have influenced his feelings for her, but his love for her remained unwavering. Determined to demonstrate his commitment, he hoped to overcome the challenges and reassure Kara of his love.

                      REX (POV)

       Rex hurriedly informed his father, "Dad, I'll be leaving for school now," eager to catch up with Annie.

His mother, observing the exchange, directed Veronica, "Veronica, lève-toi, allons-y maintenant." She looked at Rex with suspicion, inquiring, "Que se passe-t-il, Rex? Tu as l'air tendu."

Veronica, standing up, reassured his dad, "We will be going together, don't worry." His mother, with a cautious tone, advised, "You guys should be careful," adding, "Eleanor will go with you," before returning to her ongoing discussion.

As they walked downstairs to the lobby, Rex shared his observation with Veronica, "I think I saw Annie walking out of this house."

Veronica, skeptical, countered, "You can't be serious?" Rex insisted, "I know what I saw, and I'm sure it's Annie."

Veronica questioned his intention, "So you want to try to meet up with her?" Rex affirmed, "Yes."

Veronica suggested a potential complication, "What if she is a maid in The Queens's house?" Rex countered, "And she goes to Winners High? We both know that Winners High is a school for the filthy rich people."

Raising an eyebrow, he continued, "Prof Queens actually makes sure all his workers get the best, so he helps people into the best schools."

Veronica, with a skeptical look, gestured for him to conclude, "XINT-Men College and Winners High, okay, but I am still going to follow her just to be sure."

She pulled him back, offering an alternative, "Instead, we could beg Prof Brown to help us."

She looked at him sarcastically, asking, "Why do you want to follow her anyway?" As they walked inside, Rex pondered the question.

               VERONICA (POV)

Veronica observed Rex. It was evident he had sentiments for the girl, and there was genuine concern about the possibility of him getting hurt. Despite his reputation as a notorious player, Rex was the opposite—a character surrounded by girls due to his looks, status, and wealth, and he didn't repel them due to his authentic character.

Veronica contemplated her own narrative, wondering about the trajectory of her story. She pondered whether her father would permit her to continue using her disguise and if marriage was on the horizon—an idea that induced a sense of nausea. Jayce Xavier Queens, the last son of Whitney Ellen Queens, noticed her pallor and offered concern.