Chapter 38

(Yang's POV)

I'm running at the Geist. I saw the ground start to move. A centipede looking Grimm came out the ground and looked at us.

Yang: Huh?

It lunged at me. I quickly shot it, making it throw its head back in pain. It bleed some green stuff. It looked back at me and hissed. It burrowed back into the ground. A lot more of the centipede Grimm came out of the ground and walls, hissing at us.

Yang: That's disgusting.

I looked at (Y/N) and he's not moving, his face slightly pale.

Yang: (Y/N)? Are you ok?

(Y/N): I-I'm fine. Just... Stiff shoulders.

Does he not like bugs? One lunged at (Y/N). He screamed and pulled up one of his shields, blocking the attack.

(Y/N): Get away you freak of nature!

I quickly ran over and punched the Grimm away. (Y/N) ran past me.

Yang: (Y/N)! Where are you going?!

(Y/N): Um... To get the Geist! Yeah! Find me after you're down with those freaks!

Harriet: I guess it is babysitting.

Marrow: Told you.

(Y/N) started to run faster, going deeper into the mine. I sighed to myself. I noticed a Grimm trying to attack me. I punched it, sending it into a wall. I saw two more lunging at me. I punched the two in the head. I kept punching them while placing a bunch of tiny explosives on them. I jumped back and thrusted my arm back, setting off the explosives.

Yang: Now that was awesome!

Weiss: One left!

Ruby: I got it!

Ruby was about to get the last one, but Harriet dashed over at high speeds and plunged her fist through the Grimm's head, killing it.

Ruby: Whoa! Your Semblance makes you super fast, just like me!

Harriet: Very cool. Though, based on your reaction time, I'd say I'm a little faster.

I looked forward and started to walk.

Yang: Let's see if (Y/N) found the Geist.

Ruby: Right.

Weiss: He probably lost sight of it.

Everyone started to run forward. After sometime, we made it into a huge open room. I saw (Y/N) leaning forward, resting his hands on his knees, and breathing heavily.

Yang: Hey (Y/N).

He looked back at me.

(Y/N): Hey Yang. You got rid of those things?

I nodded my head.

Harriet: Did you find the Geist?

(Y/N): I swear I saw it in here.

I looked around, seeing all the different Dust crystals coming out of the wall. This is going to be hard, taking out a Grimm with Dust crystals everywhere. One mistake and we're dead. I looked over and saw Jaune, Ren, Nora, Elm, and Vine walk in.

Ruby: Guys!

Nora: I thought the target was supposed to be in here.

(Y/N): It is here.

A rumbling noise can be heard from above. Everyone looked up and the Geist fell from the ceiling. It crashed down with a body with rocks and Dust.

Ruby: It added Dust to its body? How are we supposed to-