3. Combat

After their encounter, Spectrolite and Hugo arrive in the downtown area and Hugo spots a burning truck, which was most likely the cause for the explosion. He looks up and he can see the thick smoke from parts of the city, blocking out the sky and the sun.

Hugo: "Puta merda...the sun's being blocked out by the smoke from fires and explosions in the city."

Spectrolite: "Stars. We need to find the helpless humans first. I'm always happy to assist you, Hugo."

Then, they see some lights. Lights leading up to the statue of Christ the Redeemer. Civilians, all Catholics, Orthodoxes and other Christians are heading up there to pray for safety. Now, there are dozens up there already praying to the Lord.

Spectrolite: "Where are those humans going?"

Hugo: "They're heading towards the statue of Christ the Redeemer, to pray."

Then, Spectrolite notices something odd happening. She points to a red blinking light located on the statue. Hugo grabs a pair of binoculars and sees that it's a C4 explosive charge.

Hugo: "Oh shit...hey! Get away from the statue! GET AWAY! GET AWAY FROM IT!!!"

He shouts but only a few people hear him. Some also notice the blinking dot from the C4. Then, it explodes, killing thousands and more explosions go off on the stairway leading up. 

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

Then, the statue collapses and falls, crushing hundreds of people there and their screams of terror are heard and a news helicopter flies over it recording everything as the news reporter describes the scene.

News reporter: "EU NÃO SEI O QUE DIZER! EU NÃO ACREDITO! OS TERRORISTAS ARRUMARAM A ESTÁTUA! ISSO FOI, DESTRUÍDO, E CENTENAS E MILHARES ESTÃO FUGINDO COM A MAIORIA DELES ESTÃO ESMAGADOS!"
(I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY! I DON'T BELIEVE IT! THE TERRORISTS BLEW UP THE STATUE! IT'S GONE, DESTROYED, AND HUNDREDS AND THOUSANDS ARE FLEEING WITH MOST OF THEM GETTING CRUSHED!)

News reporter: "EU NÃO SEI O QUE DIZER! EU NÃO ACREDITO! OS TERRORISTAS ARRUMARAM A ESTÁTUA! ISSO FOI, DESTRUÍDO, E CENTENAS E MILHARES ESTÃO FUGINDO COM A MAIORIA DELES ESTÃO ESMAGADOS!"(I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY! I DON'T BELIEVE IT! THE TERRORIST...

(It collapses like that)

Hugo: "No, no, no, NO, NO, NO! NO!!! MERDA!!!"

Spectrolite: "Those humans! OH, STARS!"

Then, they hear gunfire and they see another explosion go off on a building and then they see more of the hostiles rushing in armed with exo-suits which can help them jump higher than a normal human being.

Hugo: "Merda! Esses filhos da puta estão aqui! Hostiles are here!"
(Shit! Those sons of bitches are here!)

One jumps high to slam into Hugo who dodges and quickly punches the man with the exo-suit, sending him flying. Spectrolite suddenly summons a sword and a spear too. She uses both and kills 4 of the hostiles. Hugo shoots down 6 and kills another one, one enemy strikes Hugo in the chest, but thanks to Hugo's tough armour plate which is in the vest, he survives. Hugo then punches the man, sending him flying into a wall and leaving a crack and some blood.

Spectrolite: "That was a good way of fighting back!"

Hugo: "Don't get too cocky! Behind you!"

Spectrolite turns around and dodges a swing from a hostile. She then stabs him in the hip with her sword, killing him. Hugo punches a hostile and grabs one and curbstomps his skull.

Hugo: "Got you now!"

He then kicks a hostile, killing him instantly. And he grabs one and throws him towards a burning car, burning him alive. Hugo then punches another one in the face, causing some teeth to fly out and killing the hostile. Then, there are only 6 more which are armed with guns. 

Hugo: "Spectrolite, I'll handle it."

He grabs out his kF5 and aims and he open fires onto them, killing 3 of the enemies and injuring 1. The last 2 open fire onto Hugo and he takes cover before putting his KF5 away and using his ATLAS 45 and shoots and kills them.

Hugo: "They're down. Spectrolite, are you alright?"

Spectrolite: "Yeah. Good job, Hugo. Still quite a funny name."

Hugo: "Yeah, well it won't be in a while. Anyway, let's check their corpses.

He walks over to a dead enemy and flips over their corpse and observes their gear and exo-suits. He checks them and checks their patch and it says: Devil Demons on it.

Hugo: "Devil Demons? Must be some sort of militia judging by the sound of it."

He then rips the patch off and puts it in his pocket. Spectrolite inspects the enemy's weapons and exo-suit. The exo-suit has a pack on the back of it unlike Hugo's which has just a simple titanium spine.

Spectrolite: "Hugo, these ones have some sort of pack on the back of it."

Hugo: "Jet boosters. It allows them to jump higher than me. It's not my type of exo suit anyway, the one I'm wearing is special for me. Come on, we should probably seek refuge. Stay inside a building so I can get some rest."

To be continued...