chapter 5.4

*this part contains suggestive content and allusions to s3x although no explicit smut. discretion is advised *

...

"Goal!," the announcer blares once again, the fifth time for the Gators that night. You get up to cheer again, markedly less energetically than you did the last four times, but you're a supportive girlfriend nonetheless.

Mark isn't the one who scores this time, but you catch his kisses anyways. There's only a few seconds left on the clock, so it's a sure victory for Seoul University. Disgruntled fans of the opposing team are already trickling out of the stadium and you start to make your way to the staircase leading down to the ice.

"I'm gonna go to Mark," you shout over the roar of the crowd after the buzzer indicates the end of the game.

"Go, go!".

You flash a smile towards your friends before skipping down the bleacher steps towards the rink. Mark seems to have the same idea because he's already left the victory huddle and he's waiting for you by the opening in the plexiglass wall. Pulling his helmet up to reveal his beaming smile, he tosses it aside just in time to catch you in his embrace.

You don't even mind he's drenched in sweat - in a few ways, it's kind of doing it for you - as he spins you around in the air. It's a move you've been practicing, actually, and you're quite proud of how he's executing it at the moment. Mark pants heavily from the exhausting game, his hair spiked with moisture. You can't get enough of it.

You mind the stares and aw's of the hundreds of onlookers a little more than him, conscious about their judgement, but you could admit that you feel a tiny bit of satisfaction. It's your main character moment so you get to enjoy it.

None of it really matters when you grip onto the back of Mark's neck, smiling up at him before bringing him in for a long-awaited real kiss. From the side, you pick up on the teasing cries of his teammates, but Mark just smiles against your lips and pulls you even closer.

"You did so good," you gush when he finally puts you down, although your arms are still around his neck.

"Only because you came". You had almost forgotten about your cheesy get-up until you feel his eyes wander oddly around your cheeks.

"Oh, this is...," you blush, the embarrassment catching up to you, "I thought you would like...,".

"Fuck, y/n," his lashes flutter as his eyes peer hooded down at yours, "you're so beautiful".

Mark pulls you in by the waist and kisses you deeply, much deeper than the last having caught his breath a little. You move your lips against his, feeling like you could fly from the sensation. His sweat runs slick between your fingertips as you card your hands through his hair the way he likes, tugging at the longer strands by the base of his neck.

If someone told you that you would be making out with the most popular boy on campus in public with a bunch of people around, you would've dialed 119 for emergency therapeutic care. But now, when you're with him, everyone else doesn't matter.

"And this". The junior captain plays with the drawstrings of your hooded jacket, his hand making its way to rub along the embroidered lettering across your back. Mark has a new expression, one you haven't quite seen before: his lips purse slightly open before taking the bottom slightly between his teeth. Hungry brown eyes scan up and down your simple outfit, as you would describe. How Mark is describing it in his head is a bit different.

"Oi, simp!," a shrill voice calls out. You'd been in such a trance that you didn't notice most of the people who filled the bleachers have already left.