chapter 3.3

*this chapter contains a scene of the beginnings of borderline harrassment (but nothing actually happens). reader discretion is advised*

The walk down to the party was much shorter than you expected. Turns out, the 'Sheep' lived in that sketchy house just off of campus which you made a point to avoid during your nighttime jogs. The tables turn as you approach the rickety front porch on purpose. You cling to Yuna as an array of neon lights shines through the window blinds and the open door. The bass of a generic pop song jolts through your bones.

Walking into the home, your grip on Yuna's arm tightens as unfamiliar faces surround you. The crowded room stinks of sweaty bodies and weed. A countertop stocked full of red solo cups and different types of alcohol are visible from where you stand. Heads turn to stare at Yuna while the two of you enter.

What am I doing here again?

"Hey, you made it!," an unfamiliar voice shouts from over the ruckus. Your eyes fall nervously on the voice's owner. He has dark brown hair and sharp, defined features. His accent is strange and you can't quite put your finger on it.

"Hey!". Yuna brings the stranger in for a loose hug. "Yangyang, this my roommate and best friend, y/n. Y/n this is Yangyang also known as 'the sheep'. He's from Germany".

Ah, Germany.

You offer him a small wave, surprised when he pulls you unexpectedly into a hug.

"Nice to meet you, y/n. Mark's told me all about you," Yangyang smirks, "please help yourself to drinks, girls. The guys are in the basement playing pong".

"Woo! Let's get wasted!" Yuna yells while pulling you towards the drinks.

You stand awkwardly at her side as she pours both of you drinks- a half a solo cup of strawberry vodka for her and a sprite zero for you. You wish you could be in bed, curled up alone with a good movie. Or even at the library studying-

"Hey," a deep voice right next to your ear wrecks your train of thought. Alarmed, your eyes are met with the middle of a chest as you turn around to see its owner. Craning your head back, an unfamiliar, tall boy with stiffly-gelled brown hair peers back down at you. You wince at the acrid smell of axe body spray now flooding your nostrils. He looks young, maybe even younger than you, but he is clearly very drunk. "Where have you been all my life?".

"Excuse me?," you exclaim over the booming music. The boy places his hands on the counter on either side of you, trapping you in between his arms. Looking over to find Yuna, she had already shifted deeper into the crowd and was busy talking with other people.

"I'm Sungchan," the boy unwelcomingly introduces, "what's your name, beautiful?".

"I-uh I'm y/n," you stutter. Sungchan's face is way too close for comfort and his breath stinks of cheap alcohol. You feel his humid exhalation brush over the top of your head like a toxic cloud and you fight not to gag.

"Y/n. You come here with anyone?". You press your back as far into the counter as you could to get away from him, but there is little room to go. Fear begins to set in as you realize you were trapped. What should I say? What do I do?

"I-I..."

"She came here with me". A firm hand grips Sungchan's left arm and yanks it forcefully away from the counter. Your saving grace sets a gentle hand on your shoulder, tugging you slightly away from the drunk perpetrator. Struggling to comprehend what is happening, you look up to see that it's Mark, staring the intoxicated boy down.

"C-captain"

"What's a freshman doing with my girl?" Mark presses. His eyes cut into the younger boy.