Chapter 13: Suffering

"This young gentleman looks like trouble. Princess Astra, stay back. Guards, retrieve that young man"

If it wasn't for the guards, the boy could have gotten closer to her...

"Till we meet again!" The boy said to Princess Astra before escaping the guards.

He ran all over the tiny village and manage to escape the guards from hiding in a cracked wall. He was tiny enough to even sit in the wall. (Author's note: and that's on starving 😏 get it? No, just ask me lol)

"Sire! We looked up and down this village to find out that we have lost the very one," one of the guards said.

"Very well," the guards said as the little boy peeked out from his hiding spot. The guard immaculately walked up to the Princess, "Princess Astra, may we ask you to leave this very place for your safety,"

"Over a skinny young boy, armed with A POTATO? That's ridiculous," the Princess said as she rolled her eyes and rested on her left foot, crossing her arms.

"Your majesty, this is for your safety," the guard said, bowing down with respect.

"Tsk. Fine,"

"She's leaving already?! I better catch up!" The boy thought.

As the Princess was about to leave, the boy hopped onto the back of the carriage.

"Next destination, The Royal Palace!" The lead guard announced.

The boy swiftly opened the door of the carriage and covered the Princess's mouth to avoid a commotion.

"Shhh..." he said.

The Princess remained calmed despite the situation and looked at the boy in disturbance.

"What do you think you're doing!" She said in a soft, informal tone, angstly.

"Good afternoon, your majesty," the boy bowed down then looked up to the Princess. "You are so pretty,"

"Hm, I like the way you talk," the Princess smiled.

"Really?!" The boy said as his eyes sparkles.

"Yeah, it's different. I like it," she said as she observed the young boys appearance with her fingers on her chin.

He wore a shaggy, torned up shirt and pants. And his face was filled with dust, his hair was all frizzy and dirty. Lastly, he did not wore shoes.

"How old are you?" She asked.

"I'm... 5,993 days, years old?" The boy said unsurely, holding up 5 fingers.

"That's...." the Princess mumbled a few words before questioning the young men. "So you are about 16 years old, and 5 months,"

The boy tilted his head in confusion.

"It's called math. I have been gifted with an intelligence quotient of 213," she said, crossing her arms. "But it's very impressive of you to remember the amount of days and nights that have passed,"

"It's not that hard to remember," he said.

The Princess giggled. "It's not easy to remember useless information, silly. You have this thing called a "photographic memory,"

"What's that?" he asked.

"is an ability to recall an image/information from memory with high precision after seeing it only once, and without using a mnemonic device."