(Cinderella & Thomas and Jane) - What is This Pain?

This one-shot was requested by slimeypirate7744. Hope you like it.

Jane was anxiously biting her nails as she paced the house of her current guardians. Ashley and Sean were out on a date night and Chad was babysitting Alexandra and took her to the park. And it was convenient considering today was one of the days that Jane felt an indescribable pain throughout her body.

She had been getting these sensations her entire life but still was unable to determine what exactly it was, or what the cause of it was. It was this rushing heat she would feel inside her veins, like a surfeit of something in her body, begging for a release but she felt that she would go insane before she realized just how to provide such. It made her feel incredibly irritated, and restless at the same time.

She had gone to her mother when she was younger to complain about the pain, but her mother always brushed her off, telling her that she should just ignore it—and that's what she did. Eventually, after a couple hours, the ache would slowly die down. But the older she got, the harder these sensations became to handle. She didn't know what to do to alleviate the throbbing that she felt would eat her from the inside out.

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted as the front door opened, startling Jane, who whipped around as she let out a short scream, a pale bluish light emitting from her hand in the process, blasting the living room furniture across the room.

Her hands flew her mouth as her whole body was shaking. She looked to Ashley and Sean who were standing in the doorway with their mouths opens and their eyes wide, crouching down. Out of fear that she had hurt them, she began to hyperventilate. "I-I'm so s-sorry. I-I- don't know what happened. I-"

"Jane, it's okay," Ashley approached the girl with her hand out, trying to calm her down. "Just breathe."

As Jane attempted to oblige, she noticed something strange, that she felt oddly better that a minute ago, physically at least. It was as though she felt the lingering sensation begin to simmer down as she simultaneously was growing light-headed. She attempted to catch her breathing again, but was interrupted by her eyes falling to the back of her head as she heard the concerned couple's voices shouting her name.

———————————————

Jane's eyes fluttered open as she was frantically looking around the room she was currently laying down in, attempting to recall the events that occurred before she was knocked out. In her confusion to finding that she was in a hospital, despite her feeling relatively okay—the worst she had was a mild headache, she remembered what had happened, what she had done.

"Look who's awake," a vaguely familiar voice chimes in. Jane lifted her head to find the Blue Fairy over her hospital bed.

"Jane? Oh, thank god." Ashley came over from a nearby chair near Jane's hospital bed, looking very tired. It was apparent that she was half-asleep at the time.

"What happened?" the daughter of Fairy Godmother asked.

"I was hoping you could tell me?" Ella said, concerned. "When Sean and I came home, you got frightened and magic bursted from you."

"...M-Magic?" Jane asked in shock.

"Jane?!" Thomas exclaimed, coming over with two cups of coffee, one of which he quickly handed to his wife. What time was it? Just how long was she out?

"I-I'm so sorry. Did I hurt one of you?" Jane asked beginning to get up, beyond thankful that little Alexandra wasn't there during the accident or had to witness it.