"Says the one who started it." That shut him up for the time being.

Rosana smiles when Daniel huffs and crosses his arms over each other.

"Right now... I'm not talking to them."

"What?!"

"Don't be so surprised. I might have changed a bit but last night they took it a bit too far and I'm not okay with that."

"So, does that mean..." Rosana could see from the corner of her eyes that Daniel was smirking and looked like he wanted to bounce in his seat.

"No. They are still my friends." She didn't want to get into what happened between her and the boys or her and Johnny with Danny. What happens between them, stays between them. She will talk to them about last night at school tomorrow.

"Damn," he groans.

"Look, Danny, just so you know, I won't allow them to hurt you just like I won't allow you to mess with them. If they didn't already turn you into a bruised pancake I would have punched you just like I did with Jay."

Daniel makes a disgusted sound, "Do you have to call him that? It sounds... so mushy and just gross."

Rosana rolls her eyes at him, again, before a somber look crosses her face, "You're right, you know? About me keeping something from you... I can't tell you, not right now. I don't know if I'll be ready any time soon or even in a few years. But, I will. I will tell you but if it makes you feel better, the only reason why they know is because they were there."

Daniel didn't like the tension in her shoulders and how jerky the car became because she was clearly stressed and nervous about the subject; she doesn't want to talk about it.

Daniel squeezes her hand in understanding and sends her a smile, "It's okay. When you're ready. But... from now on, let's not push each other away and no more secrets, besides that one, okay?"

"Okay." Rosana smiles with relief, "And no more giving me a bad time about Johnny and the boys?"

"Ugh, I'll try," he says softly. Apart of him wanted to tell her that if they hurt her, he wouldn't just sit by and let them but if this past month had taught him anything, it was that those guys wouldn't hurt his sister.

"Good. And, we said no more secrets, right?" Rosana says slowly.

"Yes, why?"

"Okay, well then... I may have kissed Johnny."

"Wait, what?!"

It was definitely a good thing that she was driving.

***

"Did any of you see Firebird today?" Jimmy asks as all of them walk towards the center of the school.

Johnny clenches his fist that wasn't holding his book as he thinks about Rosana. Her mother had opened the door when he went to her house yesterday at around six o'clock but she wasn't there, neither was Daniel. Although, Johnny could care less about that last bit of information.

"She's still angry with us, isn't she?" Tommy says with a sigh.

"Of course, she is, Tommy. Do you blame her?" Bobby asks rhetorically with a roll of his eyes.

"Look," Johnny grits his teeth, "Daniel messed with us and he deserved what he got but we did take it too far."

Dutch looks at him appalled, "That punk deserved no mercy, Johnny!"

"Is beating the crap out of him worth losing Firebird, Dutch?" Bobby asks, his face turning red with frustration, "She is one of us, or have you forgotten about that, huh? Have you forgotten that it was Rose who helped your Ma when your dad had hurt her weeks ago? Or Jimmy, she helped your little sister with her maths and asked nothing for it in return. And Tommy, she even got you together with that Marie girl you were pining over for a while. Not to mention, she didn't leave us the night of Halloween until she made sure our bruises were iced and she bandaged us even while she was angry!"