Chapter 25

Chapter 25

December 

1984

Johnny yawns and rubs his hand over his face tiredly before rubbing the back of his neck. It was seven in the morning and they were here outside of Rosana's apartment complex waiting for her.

Johnny laughs at something Dutch says to Tommy before he slowly blanks out as he stares at the wooden gate that lead to the apartments that he had become very familiar with this past two, almost three, months.

He smiles unconsciously as he thinks about Rosana. Since she had said yes to go out to dinner with him that night, something had changed with her. She was open and free with him before but the way she looked at him or when she'd walk up to him before wrapping her arms around him first, it felt different, great different.

Any problems with him, the guys, and Daniel had dimmed down. They practically ignored Daniel most of the time and when they were around the apartment they'd greet him with nods and he'd return it but other than that they kept their distance. And Johnny knew that Rosana would want Daniel to be friends with them but she was happy with everyone being on neutral ground.

Karate has been going better than great. Rosana was faster and stronger than she had been before and whatever training she's been doing with that Chinese guy had really upped her skills. With that training and what Johnny had taught her, she had been the only one who could really take him in a fight and it always made him excited when they sparred; both figuratively and literally. Sometimes it had gotten awkward but Rosana always managed to laugh and joke about it and sometimes... their make-out sessions would get extremely hot.

"I'm worried about tomorrow," Bobby says, making Johnny snap out of his thoughts of when he claimed Rosana's sweet little mouth with deep, hard licks as he pressed his body against hers to make her feel every inch of him as he savoured the feel of her under him. He hides his smirk and tinge of blush behind his fist as he thought about that day and listens to what they were talking about.

"Why?" Dutch scoffs, "We'll beat those losers."

"Because of Firebird, Dutch."

This makes every one of them pause and stop their chattering.

"Johnny, can't you convince her not to compete?" Tommy asks

Johnny curses as he shakes his head, the sexy memory of him and Rosana was replaced with the memory of her telling him she was competing in the tournament, "You know I've tried already, man."

The problem was that Rosana is signing up for the tournament; a big zit in their little happy bubble. This had been an ongoing argument not only between him and her but with the guys as well. None of them wanted to fight Rosana. Sparring was different from the tournament. It's not that they were scared to lose, and Rosana was great as hell in karate, but they didn't want to hurt her.

"I think we should leave it. Let her compete."

All of them stare at Jimmy like he had ten heads and wanted his ass ripped off and shoved down his throat.

"What the hell? I want to bash your heads in if either of you leave a mark on her during training. How the hell am I going to control myself if some fucker makes her bleed or hurt her bad?"

Jimmy shakes his head, his brown locks swaying slightly in the wind as he leans on his bike and stares back at his friends, "She's been training very hard, Johnny. With you and with that Chinese guy. You do remember why, don't you?"

"Of course, I remember!" Johnny clenches his fists as he thinks about the day he first met her.

"She needs to enter this tournament to prove that she's strong. That she made progress since that day."