Y/n (8)

[S/n: Sword Name ]

[S/n: Sword Name ]

━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━

He sat across from Lan Xichen, the child on his lap eyeing everything with curiosity, almost having the temptation to outstretch his little arms and grab anything near reach. The morning's sun illuminated Y/n's face causing his e/c colored eyes to stand out more than usual.

Lan Xichen and himself had gone downstairs to eat something before they'd soon leave together out of this town. Y/n had concluded that if he hasn't found anyone willing to take the child in during these two weeks, he might as well wait a while longer and take the child with him. Hopefully, Meng Yao has an idea of what to do.

Y/n lifted the teacup, holding it between his thumb and index finger, and examined the full tea-cup as if it were the most exciting thing out of everything around him. "So tell me, what are your plans for today?" he asked.

"I have words to share with Mingjue-Xiong. I will then depart on the next morning, to Jiangling."

Y/n's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "But, Isn't Jiangling still occupied by the Wen...?"

The child on Y/n's arms squirmed a bit; Y/n could only try holding him better.

Lan Xichen, "Not since a few days ago. Currently, it is in the hands of the Yunmeng Jiang Sect."

The corners of Y/n's lips tugged into a smirk, "Sect Leader Jiang must be quite powerful then. I never underestimated him." he looked around before placing some currency on the table. "Shall we go then? though I might need some time to prepare; I've never taken a child flying on a sword."

This earned him a nod from Lan Xichen, "I will help you the best I can."

As they stood up from their sitting position to leave, Y/n paused for a second. "I'll be right back."

The thing was, he doesn't want to ask Lan Xichen to help him with wrapping the child onto his back; he saves some embarrassing moments for them both. So he took the child and speed-walked over to where the Inn keeper's wife stood. As always, she was a savior--having helped him so much already. Y/n looked to be quite serious when he spoke to the woman, though he was slowly dying of embarrassment on the inside.

It's been two weeks, and he still doesn't get the hang of preparing a child to be carried.

Okay, maybe he does understand; but he can only try by carrying the child on his front—but that proves dangerous if they encounter any living dead being.

The lady speaking after she finished up tying the baby sling snapped him out of thought. "Will you be alright Young Master? I hope your travels go well, stay safe. Please do come back anytime!"

"Thank You, and I will be coming back to visit surely."

...

     He walked out of the Inn, meeting with Lan Xichen, who waited for him outside. "Let us go then." he smiled before playfully tugging on Lan Xichen's sleeve. 

They walked together, Y/n occasionally stopping to give the child something to drink. Though, feeding the child was a more manageable task now since he had some extra help.

It took a while, but eventually, they reached a forest on the outskirts of town. With their swords ready to be ridden on, Y/n stepped up onto S/n as Lan Xichen followed his steps and closely followed with Shuoyue.

Y/n tried his best in maneuvering his sword to go a bit slower in reaching a moderate place in the sky due to the child he carried, and once he was a bit more stable, he followed Lan Xichen's speed.

"I feel like it's been a while since I've gone traveling on a sword." He told Lan Xichen.

"When was the last time you traveled by sword?" Lan Xichen asked in a soothing tone.

"Hm, I want to say when you spent some time with us, but actually—when I came to Qinghe perhaps? More than a month ago..."