♡20♡

Time Remaining: 15 Minutes.

As you move to look closer at the group of people in the lobby, Chishiya pulls you back, keeping you out of sight.

"What are you doing? We have no time," you huff, shifting away from his grip. "There's barely anytime left, we have to find the witch."

Chishiya gives you a bland stare. "And you want to die in the process?"

You sighed.

He was right.
You had no chance against the handful of militants Aguni rounded up.
You had no chance against their weapons.
If you chose to jump in now, you'd be prey like the whimpering crowd on the floor below.

"Kill them all."

There's not a peep from the people as they back away, step by step.
They're terrified and worried for their life.

And you can't do anything but watch.

You had to be smart; one word above a whisper and the guns would turn on you.
You had to do what you were good at — being a shadow.

There's silence that hangs over the room.

Nothing was happening.
The militants were hesitating.

Aguni's face is dark and expressionless when he provokes a reaction.
Slamming his foot to the back of the nearest militant, he sends them to the floor.

"You heard me, right?"
Aguni's hovers over the man on the floor, who's shaking with fright.
"Anyone who goes against me is a witch."

You suck in a breath when Aguni raises his own gun to the poor man's head.

He's shaking, scared out of his wits.
"Please, shoot me!"

The man's response is surprising and unexpected. The words echo and the air thickens.

There's a wave of tension that washes through everyone.
They're all waiting for what's next.
It's suffocating.

"Stop it already!"

A breath of relief.
You exhaled a breath of relief at Arisu's call -- his voice could be recognized everywhere. His shout cut through the invisible fog that clouded the room and made it hard to swallow.

"He's alive," you say, glancing back at Chishiya with a grin that doesn't match the weight that was lifted off your shoulders. "You got lucky."

He wants to match your smile.
"That I did."

He turns away from you to look over the ledge of the second floor, interested at Arisu's sudden appearance; he thought he was really dead.

Everyone is startled at the bruised and battered Arisu as he's led into the crowd by Usagi. "I was confined by you guys the entire time, even when the murder occurred. I'm sure you know, I couldn't be the witch."

His chest is heavy with fatigue, body weak with pain, but he pushes through.
"If you aren't the witch, then there's no need to kill me. Please cooperate with me and search for the witch."

Chishiya notices the way you lean forward to get a better view of the scene.

He's doing his best to focus and pick up as much information as he can, but there's a reflex tugging at his mind.

He can see the way your hands clench at your sides.
You want to be down there, fighting alongside Arisu to find the witch.

You want this miserable game to end.

He wants it to, but he's not going to let you sacrifice your self again.
He can't risk it.

His chest was your inches from touching your back, and his left hand was already gripping the edge of your jacket lightly.

His body has been subconsciously moving on its own.

You haven't noticed; too focused on the scene unfolding.
You were ready to intervene... and Chishiya was ready to stop you.

Aguni steps away from the man on the floor, his gun falling back to his side as he stalks towards Arisu.

His first instinct is to pistol whip the boy, which he does.
A second later, Arisu is on the ground, clutching at his bleeding nose.

Aguni doesn't stop there.
He continues for the injured boy, even after having to throw Usagi aside.

"Now I know," she yells and Aguni halts, arms raised for another blow.

"The reason you attacked Arisu, even though hes the only one with an alibi," she pants, hands supporting her as she recovers from her fall. "That's because you're the witch!"

Your eyes narrow, knowingly.

Aguni's face screws up with anger and he deals Arisu another hit, leaving Usagi to shout after the boy.

The only sound that follows is the shallow panting of a breathless Usagi and an anguished Arisu.

Everyone's awaiting an answer.

"Yes. I'm the witch."