♡8♡

"Come with me," Kuina said, pulling you by the wrist and away from Chishiya, who was hidden in the back of the partying crowd. You had been silently standing at his side and watching the people return from the day's game.

"Good to see you survived," is what the blond heard you say as you were whisked off by Kuina.

"Yeah," she sighed, now fully back in her swimsuit. She could still feel the burn in her palm from the hot lightbulb. "Thanks to Arisu."

Speaking of the boy, she had you both heading straight to him, where he and Usagi sat on a pair of nearby chairs.

She let your arm fall back down to sit by Arisu as you took the one next to Usagi.

"Your girlfriend?" Kuina tilted her head in confusion and you held back your need to snort when Usagi gave the girl a look a bewilderment. "W-What?"

"Y-You're wrong," she quickly covered up, though her voice was unsupported and she shook her head a few too many times.

"You guys get along, so why not date each other," Kuina questioned.

Arisu looked more than confused.

"You never know when you're going to die," she added morbidly and you glared.

"What are you saying," Arisu asked, clearly lost in shock.

"There are things you should do while you're still alive!" Kuina stated sternly before cocking her head at you. "Take my advice, Y/n, get with him."

Who..?
You felt suddenly aware of the half-lidded gaze on the back on your head.
Your face flushed unknowingly.

Arisu and Usagi shared a shy look.

Kuina's face changes and you feel worry and confusion creep up on you. 

"My mom is sick in the hospital. She can't even relieve herself without my help," she starts, hands twisting around the chapstick nervously. "And yet I had to be separated from her."

Arisu frowns in pity and Usagi shifts a bit in her seat.

"So I want to return alive."

You lean back and throw a glance over your shoulder. She's easing them into the plan.

"That's why I want to quit smoking," she grins and holds up the bitten chapstick capsule. "I'll need some stamina in order to survive, right?"

Usagi's face relaxes and Arisu's shoulders slump away from their tensed position.

You go to give them a reassuring smile, when there's a loud commotion and an order shouted. "Hey, stop playing that tacky music!"

From his spot, Chishiya stands straighter, his attention on full alert.
Your face drops at the voice as everyone is silenced around you, including the music.

A group of tough-looking people walk into the party scene, crashing it in their ripped beach-inappropriate clothing.

They all carry guns that scare Usagi and Arisu but you are the first to stand.
Kuina grabs your wrist to keep you frozen in place with your eyes glaring deeply.

Chishiya can see the hatred in your glossy eyes and his mind goes back to the fight or flight feeling he got when Niragi first punched you.
Has it happened before...?

Just the thought of it makes his uneasy.

Arisu recognizes the dark, now scarred-up, face of Aguni.

"It's the militants of the Beach," Kuina fills in, gazing warily up at you.
She didn't know what your next moves were but her fists's grip got tighter the closer the intimidating group got.