♡9♡

Chishiya didn't understand the situation between you and Niragi — his only thought was to figure it out and stop it.

He wants to spot the physicality's Niragi brought upon you.

What was the reason for them?
What had you done to him?
Did you deserve it?

He couldn't think of a single thing that made it right for Niragi to bruise you, to hit you, to inflict pain on you.

It made no sense.
It made his mind run wild.

More to it, was you.
You still stood your ground and took the beatings.

You stood up to Nigari when Aguni wanted a piece of Usagi.
You stood up to Nigari when Aguni said to break Arisu's legs.

You stood up to them.
But you never fought back.

Why?

Why did you?
Why were you able to face him —from what he's heard— time and time again and still have that smile plastered on your face.

How...?

When entering the meeting room, Chishiya had pulled out the chair next to his and had you sit in it.

The first thing you did was rest your bruised cheek on the palm of your right hand.
The next thing you did was lean forward, resting your right elbow on the table.
The last thing you did was plaster on a mocking smile and stare straight where Niragi had taken the seat across from you.

Chishiya hesitated to scoot his chair closer, having to keep his hands busy but putting them in his pockets. The weight caused his zipper to unzip the slightest bit.

Niragi locked eyes with your unhiding gaze and licked his lips.
"You are testing me" he spoke in a whisper that Chishiya barely heard.

But when he did, he gulped and watched the way Niragi's grip tightened on his gun.
Glancing around the room, Chishiya noticed the way no one payed attention to the scene — as if they didn't care.

Your lips pulled back into a sneer. "Good," you taunted with wide, sarcastic eyes.
You didn't say anything else and turned away, satisfied.

Niragi frowned, successfully riled up.

"Hey," Chishiya heard you say and he directed his attention to you.
Your face, with the bruise nonetheless, was soft and you smiled warmly.
"Thank you."

The blond's face burnt up, his chest filling with an emotion that made him giddy.
Fuck.

He faced away after sending a sharp nod, in hopes of cooling his sudden burst of heat.

You looked so trusting.
Trusting in him.
Shuntaro Chishiya -- the most selfish, mocking, condescending guy.
And you chose him to trust.

The thoughts in his head didn't help the color of his face, and it took a frightening gaze from Arisu before he forced the rosy color down.

He waved cooly, enjoying the surprise when Arisu recognized him.

"Two of Spades," Mira starts smoothly, cutting through the silence. "Six of Spades. Four of Diamonds. Two of Clubs."
She places the four cards down in front of Hatter.
"We've collected them."

She walks to her seat, continuing on. "Until now, we still haven't found any face cards."

"If face cards do not exist," Hatter takes over. "Then we're only left with Ten of Hearts."

You press your other hand into the table. "It's never appeared in a game before."

"If it doesn't appear, we can't clear it," Ann adds to your words, her focus fixed on the table. "Maybe there needs to be a condition for it to appear."
She then glances up at you in question. "Maybe it's not in Tokyo."

"There are no game areas outside of Tokyo," you answer, remembering the nights you spent running to the edge of the city and back. "None that have been found, that is."

Chishiya gives you silent praise.
You've done so much for the Beach.

And yet, you're ready to betray it.
With him.

"You haven't investigated that far yet," Ann says, her face neutral as always.
She challenging you, your skills.

"The strategy won't change," Hatter cuts in with the toss of his hand. "We will continue investigating the game areas in town. Make sure you have days left on your visa," he stops and sends you a glance.

You hold up five fingers.

"And keep a looking for the Ten of Hearts."

He wipes a hand over his mouth and you quirk an eyebrow.

Does he?
"I need to replenish my visa soon."
He does.

There's a look shared between Aguni and Niragi that makes you uneasy and Chishiya watched you shift in your seat.

"There's a way to earn visa days for sure," Mira speaks, shutting the book of cards she had picked up.

"Is that so?"
Hatter leans forward with interest.

"Heart games..." she drops her mouth the dramatize her words. "... let you toy with the hearts and emotions of others."
Her sick smile widens.
"If you bring along those you don't mind dying, you'll survive for sure."

She and Hatter turn towards Arisu, him being the only one to clear a high-leveled heart game.

He shrinks under the pressure, looking so scared that you jump into the conversation.
"But would a heart game appear so conveniently?"

You're smart.
Chishiya smirks.

"On top of that, we won't know what type of game it is until after registration closes," Ann adds and her point is completely correct.

"But we should be able to deduce it based on the probability theory," Keiichi says, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

Hatter slams his hand down, shutting everyone into silence.
"I don't need such a pretentious investigation method," he says and pushes himself from his chair.

"I'll join the next game. Be it Heart or Spades, Someone like me with a one-hundred percent winning rate will clear it easily," he boasts and you slightly scoff at his cockyness.

Chishiya has a similar reaction.

"Executive members, I'm counting on you guys to oversee things here," he says, turning back to the table with a king-like grin.

"I'll join the games until the Ten of Hearts card appears!"