♡12♡

No one responded — they wished they didn't have to.
Everyone looked around warily but never dared to keep eye contact.

You viewed everyone from your higher position on the table.

Judging from the distinct reactions to the questions, there were two completely different answers.
All you needed to do was make sure the right one was chosen.

"Keep this a secret from the rest," Mira spoke clearly, being the first one to fill the uncomfortable silence. "They'll be shaken by this."

Her hands were lightly touching and hovering by her chest.
The tips of her fingers threaten to pale from the rising pressure she was putting on them.

Keiichi steps forward, his glasses gleaming in the light. "I'll be the next Number One."

"Wait a minute," Niragi stops him, leaning dangerously close to the man. "Shouldn't the strongest person be the leader," he asks and there's a heavy glance towards Aguni.

The gun on Niragi's shoulder makes Keiichi hesitate.

"We're the ones who have been getting rid of the traitors. Yet, we've been treated as shadows the entire time," Niragi scoffs, his face pulled into his normal, patience-thinning look.
"This unfair treatment ends today!"

"If Number One dies, everyone moves up a number," Keiichi says challengingly. "We agreed on this rule."

Niragi rolls his eyes. "The snobbish dictator is dead. The power has shifted, hasn't it," he asks with a grand gesture of his free arm. "Let's just be democratic and go with majority."

"So..." he drags almost childishly. "Who agrees that Aguni should be the new leader?"

Silence.
Nothing.
There's no movement from anyone except Niragi, who slides next to Mira.

You tense at a rising feeling that had lied deep in your chest.

What is he doing?

You're pretty sure he knows no one will vote for Aguni to be their leader, other than him.

What is he doing?
What is he thinking?
What is he planning?

You're unsure, so unsure and that makes you nervous.

The slight unknowing feeling is terrifying and you try not to show the tilted frown that creeps up on your lips.

Something's about to go wrong, to change.
... and you aren't sure you're ready for it.

Last Boss shifts from his spot when Niragi pulls a face of disgust that's paired with a nod.

Your senses tingle for you to move but you resist and stay stuck in your place.

Unsheathing his sword, Samura jumps froward and holds it loosely, tracing it up to Ann's face.
She gulps and tilts her chin away.

"I'll ask again: who agrees that Aguni should be the new leader?"

Having no other choice, Ann brings her hand up with a defeated sigh.

There's something in the room that thickens the air.
Tension?
Bloodlust?
Hate?

Whatever it is, you don't let it waver you.

Chishiya almost had the audacity to click his tongue.

This is stupid, reckless, and dangerous.
With Hatter dead, the militants now had the power to overthrow everything.

That's what they were doing.

But that wasn't what made Chishiya think long and hard about the situation and it's possible outcomes.