Chapter 2 - distractions

[534 Word count]

He arrived and the first thing he did was move some of the furniture [inside and outside] and cleaned off the Dust. Then he unpacked and flopped onto his new bed forgetting to close the front door. He didn't feel the presence of the hanahaki anymore... maybe because he wasn't thinking of love anymore. It didn't matter to him.

He was fast asleep at this point and at some point in the night a ginger tabby and a golden retriever puppy [both malnourished] took shelter in Doc's house only for a few minutes a neighbor shut the door as it was raining and he knew someone lived there now so they wouldn't want the carpet to be damp in the morning. What a thoughtful neighbor.

He woke up to something trying to knock down the back door. So he glanced over to see what it was and he saw it was a cat with a puppy trying to help. The cat was definitely malnourished and the puppy as only slightly better. The puppy cream while the cat was ginger.

Doc's Alarm woke everyone[Doc, Cat, puppy] in the household. Doc was alerted of their presence from their panicked scuttling. When he saw them he couldn't believe it. He made slow movements as to be seen as harmless. The cat turned around and the puppy followed. Doc took a step back out of instinct. /you know creepers/. The cat started to approach out of curiosity(it curious as doc was frightened). Doc stumbled back trip and falling backwards. He new he was part creeper and part cyborg however that cat still scared him. His back was now against the wall the cat still approaching. He held his breath as the cat touched his leg and jumped on his lap. Doc started to relax as nothing happened. He slowly raised his biological arm and carefully stroked it's back, but then stopped.

He instantly stood up and went to the kitchen to look for anything edible for them. In the fridge was some turkey slices, a cucumber, some Coke Zero and some coffee made last night for this morning. He took out the turkey and split it between the cat and dog. They were instantaneously on the food. They clearly needed real pet food but it was a start.

He quickly changed into a grey T-shirt and slipped on a black jacket over the top and navy denim jeans. He then grabbed his car keys and picked up the cat with the puppy on top. He went out side and got them in the car on the front seat. He then got in the front seat and slowly started driving. He was heading to the vet for a chip scan.

No chips
They also found the cat was male as well as the dog

The vet also gave him a discount on the cat and dog essentials [including toys safe for both] and helped him get them back in the car which now had a crate but they both just sat on the front seat instead. At that moment Doc knew they were meant for him as he got into the drivers seat.