After they had made it to the classroom, the professor told them to take their seats. Unlike Crewel, who was young and fashionable, this new professor was much older. He wore deep read robes and had a black cat cradled between his arms. His expression was dull and tired. Even the atmosphere in the room was heavily and warm, like a place you would want to go to take a nap.

"I'm Professor Trein," the old man stated in a monotone voice. "I'm in charge of your history lessons. This is my familiar, Lucius." In response to hearing it's name, the cat meowed. "In this class you will learn about the history of magic that has brought prosperity to the world. Participation in class will affect your grade, not just reports. I will not forgive sleeping in class."

Well, this will be difficult, Lev thought, glancing over and Grim and Ace's already drowsy expressions.

"Now, open your textbooks to page 15," Trein ordered. There was a rustling of bags and paper. Lev leaned over to share a textbook with Deuce. She had yet to buy any textbooks, but Deuce was happy to share. "We will start with the discovery of magic crystals in the Dwarfs' Mines..." The cat meowed again as Trein began to speak in his emotionless voice. "Magical energy spread throughout the world during the century after this discovery, we call it the 'Beginning of Magic'..."

As Trein spoke, Deuce and Lev quickly took notes in order to stay awake. Ace and Grim however, yawned and almost dozed of several times before the class ended.

"Ugh, why can't we have a class that'll teach us how to use magic? Like, BANG!?" Grim complained on their way to third period. 

Lev shrugged. "They probably want us to know the basics first. If you want to learn how to swim, probably shouldn't dive in and hold yourself under head-first."

Ace yawned again. "Well, that was the most boring feet-first swimming lesson I'd ever seen," he said tiredly, putting his chin on the top of Lev's head.

"Hey! I'm not a head rest!" Lev complained, upset that her shortness was being used against her. 

"But you're the perfect height though..." Ace said with a small smirk.

"C'mon guys, we have to hurry," Deuce urged. "We have Gym next, and we have to get changed beforehand. We don't have time to dawdle." 

"Pfff," Ace gasped, pressing his lips together to keep from laughing.

"What?" Deuce asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You said 'dawdle'," Ace teased.

Deuce's brow furrowed. "So? Tons of people say 'dawdle'."

"Sure, but you sound so stupid when you say it, it's impossible to keep a straight face," Ace told him, ignoring Lev's grumbled complaints of being used as a head rest. She finally pushed him away and started running down the hallway. 

"Race you guys there!" she challenged. The males grinned, completely forgetting their small argument, and chased after her.

========

~Small Time Skip~

========

Around twenty minutes after third period had started, the students stood around in small groups, talking or texting. The professor what nowhere to be found. Lev and Ace sat on the ground, picking at grass or little dandelions. Lev was even able to sneak some of the pale yellow blossoms into Ace's hair without him noticing. Now she couldn't help but giggle each time she looked at him, much to Ace's confusion.

"Where's the professor?" Deuce asked, plopping down next to them.

"No, how should I know?" Ace replied, knotting two pieces of grass together.