Chapter 13

A/N: Good evening guys! Here's chapter 13! I know I'm evil for leaving the last chapter on a cliffhanger with Asami, so to make up for it, here's the next part! Hopefully it was worth the suspense. Happy reading! Let me know what you think!

Korra POV

The outside of Asami's thighs were littered with scars. Scars covered the upper portion of her thighs, just below her hips. Over the scars on her left thigh, there was a semicolon tattoo.

"'Sami, what happened?" I knew she could see the concern in my face. She came over and sat back down on the bed.

"You know my mom passed away a little while back?"

I nodded, keeping my eyes on hers.

"Well, after she passed away, my dad threw himself into his work and I did the same but with school. Before I knew it I was burning myself out and got really depressed, my dad wasn't around and it felt like I didn't have anyone who cared for me. So I cut to actually have physical pain to go with the heartbreak I felt. Almost committed suicide a couple times. Eventually, I realized it wouldn't get me anywhere so I got some help. I steadily stopped cutting, there were still some occasions when it would sneak up on me, usually when I'm really stressed. Like you, I made a promise to stop. I made a promise to my mom that I wouldn't do it anymore. Once I turned 18, I got the tattoo as a reminder of that promise. It symbolizes where there could have been an end, but there was a choice to continue. There have been a couple of times I went to cut again but saw the tattoo and stopped. So there you go," she finished and looked down at her lap. I leaned forwards and placed a hand on top of hers.

"Thank you for telling me. Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me," I said looking into her eyes.

"I think I may have an idea," she said, looking back at me.

"Are you willing to share this idea, little miss genius?" I asked cocking my head to the side and giving her a grin, hoping to make her smile, even for a moment.  She giggled and  smiled at me.

"I was just thinking, since we both understand this, we make a promise to each other. We have both made promises, me to my mom and you have your reason, how about we make a promise to each other? A promise to stop. A promise that if either one of us feels alone or like no one cares, and feels the need to cut, we come to each other. A promise we will be there for each other. What do you think?"

I already knew what I thought, but I decided to make a show if it. So I put on the classic "thinking face" and put a hand on my chin. The promise that I had already made was for her. I had already promised to stop because of her. I wanted to tell her how I felt, but I wanted to have control of this first. "I think it's a great idea, no matter what happens, no matter what's going on, I'll be right here for you."

"And I will be here for you," Asami smiled.

"We should have something to show our promise, what do you think?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like a picture or a note or something like that, something for both of us to hold on to. A physical reminder of our promise to each other."

"I like it, I'll grab my phone so we can get a pic," Asami hopped of the bed and dug through her purse for her phone. She pulled it out, her brow furrowed and her face turns angry, then sad.

"'Sami what's wrong?"

She didn't respond, just kept looking at her phone, I saw one of her hands starting to shake.

"'Sami?" I said a little louder. I stood up from the bed and walked over to her, startling her when I placed a hand on her shoulder, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing," she put on a smile, acting like everything was fine. I knew she was lying but I didn't want to push. It was probably Mako, he was such a jerk to her. He didn't deserve her. Honestly no one deserved her, she was just so good... Wait thats not the right word, she's so much more than good, she's the best and just so amazing and sweet and kind and a badass and so much more, but I can't come up with it right now... that no one would ever come close to deserving her. We both walked back over to the bed. I managed to crack a joke to get her smiling again, I hated the way he treated her. We sat down next to each other and she snapped the pic. She wrote 'I promise' across the bottom and sent the picture to me. She told me we would print it off once we got home.

"Alright, so what's next 'Sami? Another round of Phi Sho? I'm feeling pretty lucky."

"Yes, but there's something I need to take care of first. Will you be fine in here for a few minutes? I'll be just outside."

"Of course, just let me know if there is anything I can do to help."

"I will," she gave a sad smile and walked out of the room.

A/N: Why do you guys think Asami's so upset? What did you guys think of Asami's secret? Let me know what you think! Should have the next part up tomorrow!