60. The Happy Ending

Start from the beginning

I slid the door which led to another garden and saw him sitting in front. What's he doing here? I sat beside him and he turned towards me, "Why are you not sleeping?"

"I was waiting for you," he said and kissed my cheek. I giggled and shifted closer to him as he put a hand around my waist.

"Where did you go?" he asked me.

"Mom just wanted to talk about something to me," I said. I leaned against his shoulder and inhaled the sweet scent. He held my hand and rubbed circles on the back of my hand with his thumb.

"I was really scared when they asked you about being a heir. Especially the part where they talked about being rich and you can buy all the anime merchandise," he said and I chuckled.

"Why? Do you think that I love anime more than you?" I asked him and he shrugged. I giggled and nuzzled against his neck, "I love you more than you will ever know."

"Yeah, right," he said as he planted a kiss on top of my head, "I love you more than you love me."

"Then, I love you more than you will ever do."

"Then—"

"Just be quiet," I said and he chuckled as he placed his head on mine.

"Hey Taehyung," he said and I hummed, "Do you remember the date when I asked you to be my boyfriend?" Date? I remembered it was on a Friday, but I don't know what was the date.

"I forgot," I said and I looked at him, "Why do you want to know that?"

"Stupid," he said and flicked my forehead, "It was today." Huh?

"T-Today?" he nodded and looked up at the dark sky, "Wait, was it the day when you asked me to be your real boyfriend or the day you asked me to be your fake boyfriend?"

"The day I asked you to be my fake boyfriend," he said and turned towards me, "The day when we actually became close." Suddenly, he grabbed my neck and pushed my lips to his. I gasped at the sudden action, but slowly, my eyes closed and enjoyed the gentle kiss. His hands snaked to my waist and pulled me closer to him while my hand slithered to his chest. 

Our first kiss in Japan. So romantic! I hummed when he deepened the kiss and just when it was going all perfectly, he pulled away and smiled at me. I pouted and asked him, "Why did you stop?"

"Because I need to ask you something."

"Why can't you ask tomorrow?" I puffed my cheeks and he laughed as he shook his head.

"I need to ask you now," he knelt down on the ground on one knee and looked up at me, "I need to ask you. Here and now." His hand went inside his pajama's pocket and he brought out a small purple box. Don't tell me he is...

"Kim Taehyung," he spoke gently as he opened the box and revealed a heart shaped rose quartz ring, "Will you marry me and stay by my side, together and forever?"

I was speechless as my eyes flickered between him and the ring. Was this real? Bullshit! This is a dream! But it was too real to be a dream. I clasped my hands in front of my mouth as the tears of joy began to pour out from within my heart.

"Do you have to ask?" I muttered as his head tilted in confusion. Overwhelmed with joy, I lunged forward and hugged him tightly, "YES!" Jungkook hugged me back and buried his head into my neck.

"HOORAY!" we heard people yell around us. When we looked up, I gasped at the people surrounding us. Our friends, our parents and my grandparents and even those black suit guys.

"Kiss for goddamn's sake!" my mother yelled at me and I laughed as I got up from Jungkook. I held out my hand and he slipped the ring into my ring finger. Without wasting a second, I smashed lips against his. We smiled as we kissed each other while the rest where screaming at the top of their voices. I heard some wailing, others laughing and even heard someone say 'blech'.