CHAPTER EIGHT: THE MIND FLAYER PT2

Start from the beginning

"It is, but if we're really right about this. I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the Mind Flayer's army..." Mike started, as he glanced around.

"Will's a part of that army." Lucas added on to his statement, while he looked down.

"Closing the gate will kill him."

˗ˏˋ✦ ✦ ✦'ˎ˗

"Just be careful, alright? I can't lose you again." Mike spoke to El who was staring back at him.

"You won't lose me."

The kids all watched from behind, and River stiffly stood beside Steve who had his arm placed on her shoulder.

"Do you promise?" Mike asked, and his eyes watered, while El gave him a nod.

"Promise." She confirmed, before leaning in slowly.

River looked up at her brother as a way to just not watch the two. She was sure she was totally over him, but she felt it was necessary.

"El, come on let's go. It's time." Hop interrupted from behind as she sighed and walked over after giving Mike a nod.

He stood there helplessly as he watched the cars drive off, with an expression of worry and his eyes watered.

River had helped gather glass shards with Lucas and Max, as Mike paced, causing her to sigh and look up.

"Everything's gonna be fine, alright?" She reassured as he looked at her, shaking his head.

"You were in there! You saw how that lab was, swarmed with those things." Mike's voice cracked as he spoke, throwing his hands up

"Demo-Dogs!" Dustin yelled from the kitchen.

"The chief will take care of her." Lucas nodded, looking back down at the glass shards.

"Yeah, like she needs protection." Max muttered, before looking down again as Steve walked up.

"Listen, dude, a coach calls a play in a game." He stated, "bottom line, you execute it, alright?"

He only earned looks of disbelief from each kid, and River shook her head softly at him when he looked at her.

"Okay, first of all, this isn't some stupid sports game." Mike spoke up, shaking his head, "And second, we're not even in the game. We're on the bench."

"Ri- So my point is..." Steve started, as each kids stared at him awkwardly, waiting for him to go on. "Right yeah, we're on the bench. So uh, theres nothing we can do."

"That's not entirely true." Dustin shrugged.

"I mean these Demo-Dogs, they have a hive mind. When they ran away from the bus, they were called away." He went on.

"So if we get their attention." Lucas started.

"Maybe we can draw them from the lab.".

"Clear a path to the gate."

"Yeah, and then we all die!" Steve sarcastically nodded.

"One point of view." River muttered, causing him to look down at her in disbelief.

"No, that's a fact, man." Steve retorted, shaking his head as he held the rag that was over his shoulder.