"It's not everyday that you find two students so willing to protect each other and their friends that they make a pact to fight in a war, Ms. Figg," the headmaster said while giving her a pointed look, referencing to the deal she and Sirius had made with each other in the Great Hall a few months ago, "Unity like that is what will help us to overcome this darkness."

Sirius and Elsie locked eyes with each other and let out small smiles, knowing they were both thinking the exact same thing.

Elsie felt her hand being squeezed reassuringly as Sirius mouthed to her, reminding them both of the pact they had made that one morning, "Protect each other at all costs. Fight, win, and then happily ever after."

She nodded with a smile as they both turned to Dumbledore and confidently stated, "We'll fight. We want to join the Order of the Phoenix."

Dumbledore let out a small chuckle, "I admire your charisma, but this is not a decision of a small size. I would like you to think it over for some time, and if your answer remains the same, then you will begin training and attending meetings in the summer."

All three shook their heads in understanding at the headmaster, before being lectured on how important it was that they tell absolutely no one about the Order. After they were dismissed, Elsie and Sirius walked back to Gryffindor tower talking about the events that just took place.

"You sure you want to fight, Els?" Sirius asked while looking down at her.

"Are you sure?" Elsie replied while wiggling her finger in front of his face.

"I've never been more sure about anything," he softly admitted as a pained expression flashed over his eyes, "I didn't get disowned by my parents for no reason...I want to fight, I have to."

Elsie looked up admirably at Sirius while taking his hand in hers, "If you're sure, I'm sure. Like I said, I'd follow you anywhere, Sirius Black."

"It's a honor to have the Elsie Figg following me around everywhere," he teased while nudging her with his elbow, lightening the intense mood from their chat with Dumbledore.

"Git," Elsie laughed at her friend as they reached their destination, "You go on, I'm going to walk around for a little and think about everything."

"You sure?" Sirius asked her while placing a hand on her shoulder.

She nodded in response and softly reassured him, "I'll be okay, just need some time to think. I'll see you later."

Sirius waved goodbye and walked into the Gryffindor common room as Elsie went in the opposite direction. She found herself making her way towards the Astronomy Tower. No better place to think than somewhere that has a clear view of the beautiful night sky...

She hiked up the stairs to the tower and made her way to the overlook, leaning against the railing and looking out at the stars.

Her mind wandered off to the one thing she had been pushing off thinking about: James. She hadn't spoken to him in 2 days, and feelings aside, Elsie missed her best friend. She missed talking to him, laughing at his corny jokes, teasing him when he was being a git. Elsie missed James, but she was still scared to bring up what happened. If she brought it up, he might ask her who she meant when she said she loved someone. And, if he did, she wouldn't know what to say. She couldn't lie to her best friend, but she also couldn't tell the truth. So for now, she would wait it out and hope he forgets all about everything she said.

Although she deeply missed her best friend, Elsie also remembered what Remus had told her. That maybe to be happy she would have to get over James, and right now she agreed with him. James loved Lily and that's just something she had to get over. She couldn't spend her entire life chasing after someone who was untouchable, not if she wanted a chance to be happy. So, from here on out Elsie would begin trying to get over her love for James Potter.