Chapter 22

Aria's hotel room above:)

Aria's POV

I was looking outside the window. I am bored and can't do anything about it. I can't even speak with Mr Parker since he is constantly working. Oh god, doesn't he takes a break or what. How can a person work so much. Suddenly, I am having homesick vibe. My whole mood changed in sadness since I haven't talked to my parents for two weeks. They must be worried about me. I looked at my watch to see it is 7:20am. I think they will pick my call. I got up from my seat and decided to sit at the back since I would disturb Mr Parker. I called my father. He picked up on first ring itself.

"Hello papa."

"Heyy princess. Are you alright?"

"Yes I am now after talking with you. I am sorry I couldn't call you. I was just busy with work and all."

"I understand princess but let me know that you are okay. You know if you didn't called me today I was going to come there to check on you personally. What are you doing right now though?"

I laughed at my father's statement.

"Glad then I called you on time papa. I am currently on flight as I am going to Sweden for office work. Where is mom and Xavy?"

"Ok but take care of yourself babygirl. Ohh, and your mom is in shower and Xavy is in living room playing. You know, he misses you."

"I know papa and I miss him too. I will visit you guys on Christmas."

"Alright but don't break your promise."

"Yes papa."

I heard shuffling sound and soon heard my baby brother's sweet voice.

"Hii ari."

"Hii baby. How are you?"

"I miss you ari and I lobe you."

"I love you too Xavy."

Suddenly the call was disconnected. I looked at the screen to see it was due to network issues. I messaged papa to let him know I will call him later. I got up from my seat and turned around to walk back but was collided with hard wall. The last I checked there wasn't any wall here. I was about to fall but instead a pair of hands snaked around my waist to prevent me. I frowned and looked up to see grey storming eyes. Ofcourse it was Nathan who saved me. Our bodies were pressed together and I found myself being flushed due to our closeness. Sparks of electricity run throughout my body. We were both staring at each other. As we were standing close, I looked at his beautiful face. His perfectly trimmed eyebrows, long eyelashes almost reaching his cheeks, straight long nose, soft pink lips and sharp jaw. I moved back from his arms immediately missing his warmth to create a distance between ourselves. He was the first to break silence.

"Missing your family?"

"Yes." I replied back curtly to him.

"You don't need to be so formal outside the office. You can call me Nathan."

"Ok Nathan."

For a split second I thought he was smiling upon hearing his name but maybe it might be my imagination. He gestured me to go first to our original seats and I nodded at him. He came right after when I was settled. I looked outside the window.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing in particular. Do you miss Liam?"

"Ofcourse I miss him although if he will travel with me he would get tired. So I dropped him at his grandparents house."

"It seems he is close with him."

"Yeah. Usually when I go to business trips or office daily, I drop him at my parents."