13 - 𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙. 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙮, 𝙞 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 -

Regulus sighed. "Ah. Should've guessed. Yes, we are ready. You, on the other hand, are not."

Sirius' excitement died down as his expression twisted into a scowl.

"We're not ready? We've been ready for this since second year!" Sirius exclaimed.

Aquila shushed them, and led the odd group of six down the corridor to an abandoned Charms classroom. She jerked her head at Regulus, who immediately drew his wand and started casting spells all around.

The Marauders exchanged looks at the two Slytherins who were busy setting the table and chairs in this way or that and Aquila not that way you idiot and Shut it Regulus I know better. After five minutes, both of them stepped back, dusted off the non-existent dirt on their hands, and high-fived each other.

"What just happened?" Sirius asked.

"They soundproofed the room. Also, if I saw correctly, they cast something which alerts if anyone tries to enter this room," James said, frowning, and touched the air around him.

"Not as dumb as you look, Potter. I'm impressed," Aquila said, raising her eyebrows.

Sirius still looked confused. "Why do you need to do that? Are you going to murder us? Because, I'll tell you now, I will be very much against it."

Regulus looked at him. "You're making it sound very tempting, Sirius. Now," he said, drawing back a chair from the table they had placed in the centre, "gather around, people. We have to discuss the fate of the world."

Sirius was, somehow, still looking confused. "Fate of the world? What, and I cannot stress this enough, the fuck is going on?"

James simply laughed and drew a chair for himself as well, encouraging Remus and Peter to copy his actions as well. Sirius stood stubbornly to the side.

Aquila glared at him. "Sit down, Sirius, or I swear to Merlin I'll kill you," she said through gritted teeth. When she received no response, she drew her wand from inside of her robes, which made Sirius promptly sit down.

Regulus cleared his throat as Aquila took the chair next to him. "People, we have gathered here today-"

"For Salazar's sake, Reg, can you stop?" Aquila interrupted.

Regulus shrugged. "I thought it would look dramatic."

"It looked idiotic. Now," she said, ignoring the offended look Regulus gave her, "we're all here today because Christmas break is coming soon, and I hope you've all owled your Mumsies and Dadsies that you will not be coming home for Christmas break."

Peter scratched at the table. "My mum isn't letting me stay. It's a Christmas tradition for families to gather around at our house."

"Yeah, me neither. My father is invited to a party this year and he's saying we have to go," Remus said sheepishly as well.

"Same, actually. We have to go to some party of my great-great grandmother's old house or something," James said.

Aquila shook her head. "You would think that since the host of the party is not going, the guests should be able to stay as well."

James and Remus looked at each other, confused. "What do you mean, host of the party?" James asked.

"You're both invited to the Black ball. It takes place every year around Christmas, and everyone who could be of use to us is invited. Like your father, Remus. He's a Ministry worker. Our families are looking for deep ties into the Ministry," Regulus said.

James cut in. "What about us? We're not Ministry workers. Why are we invited?"

"Like you said, Potter. Your some old grandmother's old house. Dorea Black, married, and became Dorea Potter. You're being invited more as a courtesy than anything," Aquila said.

"Wait, what? We're related?" James asked Sirius.

"Nah. It's too long back to consider us as cousins, thrice or four times removed, which amount to basically nothing," Sirius responded in a lazy drawl, already half-asleep.

"Either way, considering we," Aquila gestured to herself and Regulus, "are not going, I think it's completely alright to owl your parents, not asking them, but telling them, that you will not be coming."

"Oh, yeah, Heard ickle Reggie and Aqi did their first act of rebellion as teenagers. How'd Mother react?" Sirius asked, putting an arm on the back of Remus' chair.

Regulus and Aquila shrugged. "Same old, same old," they replied in unison.

"Don't do that, it's weird," James said.

"Got a few letters, even a Howler or two. Aunt Druella sent one to Aqua. Didn't respond to any," Regulus said, ignoring James.

"Good work, brother, Can't say I'm not proud of you," Sirius said.

"Alright, as heartwarming as this is," Remus interrupted, "we really should discuss what we're meant to do, regardless of whether we stay over the Christmas break or not."

Aquila nodded, and leaned forward. She wiped her hands over the table, got dust all over them, then wiped her hands on Regulus' robes.

"Now, we know we want a map which shows an active location of every person in this castle, regardless of animagus forms, or hiding spells, correct?" Aquila asked.

"Why animagus forms?" Peter asked.

"Considering you boys will be using it for pranks, I'm sure you don't want to be caught by a rather grumpy cat only to go swish and boom, you have a grumpy McGonagall on your hands," Regulus said cheerfully.

James shuddered. "Thank you for that visual, Regulus. Oh, and, let's not forget invisibility cloaks as well. It would be perfect if someone who's under the invisibility cloak should have their name, and then in lighter text, invisibility cloak written over their name," he said.

Aquila scowled. "Why don't you have Professor Flitwick make the map for you, huh? He'll make a pretty penny out of it."

Regulus turned a sharp eye towards James. "And what did you mean, the invisibility cloak? Are you, perhaps, in possession of one?"  

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

im surprised aquila doesnt know who deatheaters are

wait-

i think it's my fault

and guyyyysss

when will you start commentinggggg

i promise im a really fun person who responds to all comments

(i feel too guilty otherwise thatwhy)

Thanks to Clairedel_Lune for the awesome cover and for sticking through with my constant complaints!

anyway, vote, comment, share, and show me some love i need it

hy