"You better not be afraid of heights," Levi warns.

"I guess I'll find out," you mutter.

You pass some members from the front squad dealing with a titan that was wandering through the trees. A short one- maybe three or four meters- and with all of the trees for protection and maneuvering, they defeat it easily. The final kill looks so... so graceful.

Finally, the horses make way into a clearing. Erwin calls out orders to the groups in front, and the Survey Corps begin tying off their horses and heading up into the trees. They all spread out, heading off in pairs in various directions. They're surveying the area. It's well organized and it just makes you want to become a scout even more.

You swing yourself off the horse and Levi hops down off the other side, takes the horse's reins and tying him off with the rest of them. You glare up at the tree above you, the grappling hooks on your hips suddenly extra heavy. You could probably-

"No. Don't even think about it."

"I was just thinking about it," you say with a scowl, crossing your arms. "I wasn't going to do it."

Levi raises an eyebrow at you like he doesn't believe you, then glances back at Erwin. Erwin, still giving orders to the last Survey Corps that are joining them in the forest, nods. Levi turns back to you. "Hold on."

"Hold on how?" you say, suddenly nervous for the proximity. Being on a horse with your arms around his waist had been daunting but manageable. Now?...

"Tight," is his response. "On my back."

You move behind him, and instead of grabbing around his waist, you hook your arms around his shoulders. As soon as you've got a grip, Levi shoots up with no warning, and you cry out in surprise. "Holy shit!" you exclaim as he shoots through the air, sailing clear over one branch and through the trees. Your grip tightens involuntarily. "Oh, holy shit!"

Levi lands on a thick branch, coming to an abrupt stop, and you nearly stumble. "You're going to choke me out," he complains, glaring at you.

"A bit of a warning would be great," you snap back, carefully extracting your arms from him and stepping out onto the branch. Levi's flown a bit away from the rest of the corps, although you can still see Erwin clearly- yep, he's watching you. Great. You look down and are surprised that you don't immediately stagger. You're pretty high up, but the branch is so thick you could lay down on it and you'd be in no danger of falling. "Huh," you say.

"No fear of heights, then," Levi says.

You frown. "You knew that, though. Didn't you?"

He doesn't reply- as per usual. You sigh to yourself, looking through the trees. You sort of like being high up. It makes you feel separated from the world. Your gaze drifts and you squint at the vast forest in front of you. Is that something coming towards you? "Titan?" you ask.

Levi follows your gaze. There's a titan not as big as the first one you saw but bigger than the other one you saw in the forest. "Yeah," he says with a small sigh. "I got it."

"Permission to use my gear if you're getting eaten?" you say sarcastically.

He shoots you a glare. "No."

"Seriously?"

"Yes."

"You and Erwin are ridiculous," you say with a scowl, crossing your arms. "What if I fall?"

"You won't," Levi says sharply, his eyebrows furrowing. You're wondering if he's saying that for reassurance or if he just knows you won't fall- maybe you've got impeccable balance?- when he adds, "I won't let you."