"It was" Deaton said.

"How do you know?" I frowned.

"Because I made it"

~

"Derek's got the triskele box. He's going to meet us" I said as I hung up the phone.

Lydia suddenly fell backwards and I grabbed her arm to steady her.

"What's wrong?" Deaton asked.

"Something's happening. I had this sudden rushing feeling. Like we're running out of time"

"Yeah" I spun around to see Stiles, who practically looked dead, and Kira. "I kinda got that feeling too"

~

We pulled up outside of the school and all climbed out of the car.

We headed to the doors but Stiles spoke up. "Scott hold on. I know what you're all thinking. That if this works it might kill me too. But even if it does, you just- you have to go through with it. Stick with the plan, okay?"

"The plan is to save you. That's the plan I'm going with" Scott said, opening the doors.

I frowned. Our school hall had been replaced by some kind of snow covered garden.

It was literally like we had just walked into Narnia.

The doors closed shut behind us and we all turned around.

"Well this was definitely not part of the plan" Stiles said.

I heard footsteps and we all turned to look at the nogitsune.

Kira drew out her katana and I flicked my wrists, showing my claws.

"Like I promised Stiles. We're going to kill all of them" the nogitsune shouted. "One by one"

The Oni appeared and clashed swords with Kira.

The four of us stepped back.

"What the hell is this? Where are we?" I asked.

"Between life. And death" the nogitsune said.

"Bardo" Lydia piped up.

"But there are no peaceful deities here Lydia. You're dying, Stiles. And now everyone you care about is dying too"

"When? What do you mean?" Stiles questioned.

"I've captured almost all the territories on the board, Stiles. The hospital. The Sheriff station. And now the animal clinic. "Do you know the ritual of seppuku, Stiles?"

"No. And I don't want to"

"The samurai disembowels himself with his own sword to maintain his honour. But that's not the kind that kills you. The killing stroke is made by is kaishakunin who beheads the samurai. With his own katana" The nogitsune then pointed over to Scott. "Scott. Scott is your kaishakunin. I'm going to make your best friend kill you, Stiles. And you're going to let him. Because just like you, they're all going to die. Everyone touched by an Oni's blade. Unless Scott kills you first"

"Why. Why are you doing this?" Stiles demanded.

"To win the game"

The Oni's drew out their swords again and I growled.

I kicked forwards, trying to knock them back but they were even more powerful than earlier.

Scott and I stood back to back as we both fought them off.

One knocked me down but I couldn't manage to pull myself up quick enough.

The sword sliced across my skin and I felt blood pour from the wound.