Galvanize

"Hey, it's kinda late" Isaac said when I opened the door.

I just stared at him blankly, resisting the urge to rip his head off.

"What's wrong? You look like you've been crying"

"What's wrong?" I asked, my voice hoarse. "What's wrong?" I repeated. "Let's see" I walked away from him and stopped, looking out of the window. "Well, firstly you're in love with Allison"

Isaac sighed. "Shay, we talked about this. I told you that I don't have feelings for her"

"Yeah, we did talk about this. But then I found out you lied"

He swallowed. "What are you talking about?"

"The other morning when you told Scott about your feelings for Allison. You know, the morning after we had sex"

"Shay-"

I shook my head turning back around to face him.

"I knew it. At Deaton's, when you said you loved me and not her. Your heartbeat, it jumped a little. But I believed you anyway" I said, tears starting to form in my eyes. "I'm so stupid" I muttered.

"Shay, I love you-" he reached forwards to touch me shoulders but I stepped backwards.

"Don't" I snapped. "Don't you dare come near me"

He dropped his arms and stepped back a little.

"I gave everything to you, Isaac. You were the first person I fell in love with. And you broke my heart"

A single tear rolled down my cheek but I didn't even bother wiping it away.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so-"

I held my hand out to shush him.

"Sorry?" My voice cracked. "You're sorry that you made me fall so hard for you. That you promised me that you only wanted to be with me. That you fell in love with my best friend"

"But I'm in love with you" he argued.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't love Allison"

"Shay-"

"Do it"

He met my eyes but then his gaze dropped to the floor.

"I'm sorry" he said, his voice barely audible.

"You need to leave"

"Shay please-"

"Get out" I pushed past him and headed to the door, pulling it open.

"Shay can we just-"

I cut him off. "You know what the worst part is?" I said. "I am still completely and utterly in love with you"

"And I'm in love with you too, Shay. We can't just throw this away" I saw a tear roll down his cheek.

"Don't give me this bullshit that you only want to be with me and you only truly care for me. I can't be with someone that's also in love with my best friend" I said, tears blurring my vision.

We both stood in front of each other, staring as the tears slowly fell from our eyes .

"You should go" I fought to keep my voice from shaking. "We're finished"

He turned to leave without protest before turning back around again.

"I just want you to know that I still love you. I will always love you"

I slammed the door in his face.

~

I reached my hand out to knock on the door just as Chris Argent opened it.